1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

La Bella Deep Talkin' Bass

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Low84, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Low84

Low84 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Holy cow, folks... just strung my Valenti 5-string with a set of La Bella Deep Talkin' Bass flats... light gauge (.43, .60, .82, .104, .128)... and wowzers, these things are simply incredible!

It's been a while since I've used flats... why the heck did I wait so long?

Superb sound + great feel. They're full, punchy and smooth and they stay in tune quite well.

There appears to be an increase in tension vs. the GHS Pressurewounds I had on the bass, but that's a good thing as these La Bellas are playing incredibly well... I love what I'm experiencing.

I don't slap that much these days... so in regard to that, moving to flats isn't a big deal.

Love the tapered low B string. While many makers' Bs fart out, La Bella's B sounds dynamite.

If you're frustrated with your current strings and are open to flats, go yourself some!

Aybabtu, oldrocker and Hachimitsu Pie like this.
  2. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Been playing the Labella Deep Talkin' Flats for 20+ years. And the ones I installed when I started using them are still on the basses.

I also agree, light gauge suit me very well. They agree with a lot of other people - based on past threads, they're one of the most popular strings cited by TB members.

Low84 likes this.
  3. shawshank72

shawshank72

Mar 22, 2009
    Canada
    Just wait until they age for a few months.
    Whole new ballgame.

4. AboutSweetSue

AboutSweetSue

Sep 29, 2018
    Lebanon, TN
    Best strings out there for bass, imo.

Low84 likes this.
  5. Low84

Low84 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2014
    They'll get even better?

6. shawshank72

shawshank72

Mar 22, 2009
    Canada
    Oh yes.
    Flatwounds are a journey.

Low84 likes this.
  7. Aybabtu

Aybabtu

Feb 8, 2018
    The Netherlands
    I was thinking about these last night for my 5 string Fender Jbass. Currently playing Sunbeams and while they were excellent on my Sandberg 5 string, I don't like them that much on the Fender. This might just have tipped the scales!

Low84 likes this.
  8. Root 5

Root 5

Nov 25, 2001
    Earth
    Ah yes! Another Flatwound disciple!

Low84 likes this.