1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

la bella deep talking '54 strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by TheGreatSealof, Nov 22, 2010.

1. TheGreatSealof

TheGreatSealof Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Deptford, NJ
    I posted a string last week asking advice regarding james jamerson la bella strings for a MIM p-bass. I appreciate all the great replies.

I have the strings on the bass and they sound great! No issues regarding nut or neck. I had them installed by the tech at the store where I purchased the bass with a full setup. However, the E string appears to be out of intonation. Open E and 12th fret E do not ring true. The 12th sounds sharp. All other strings ring true. Before I return to the store for a check up, I have some questions. 1. Any advice regarding the E string? 2. Could it be a defective string? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

2. Did you set the intonation on the E string with a tuner?
    Check the pickup height, if its too close the magnetic field will pull the string out of tune.

3. Marton

Marton

Sep 20, 2005
    Quebec
    Well, it's probably the intonation. It is supposed to be adjusted with a "full setup".

4. TheGreatSealof

TheGreatSealof Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Deptford, NJ
    thanks for the input. The string to pickup distance looks ok. I'll have it checked by a tech.

5. Or you could do it yourself, it'll take a screwdriver, a tuner and 2 minutes of your time.