1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ladies and Gentlemen! Introducing...

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by 73BLow, Sep 28, 2017.

1. 73BLow

73BLow

Sep 26, 2017
    Central MA
    Me!

I thought I would do an introduction post before I just pop up in other threads.

I just started playing again a couple weeks ago. Hadn't touched a bass in 5 years. I only played less than two years the last time I gave it a shot. I believe I went through the I'm never going to be really good so why bother phase and sold everything. I am going to take lessons this time. I'll be 44 pretty soon and basically like to throw on a drum beat and just mess around at home (central MA).

I picked up a new G&L Tribute Kiloton. I guess it's sonic blue, but it really looks like a light mint green. Everybody that has seen it says it's green. The small shop in CT had just set-up it up a couple days before and I find the fit and finish very nice for a <$600 bass. Bought a new GK MB210-II combo at the same time. It suits my need for now.

I used to play a Fender USA Jazz into a MarkBass 210 combo. I miss the jazz bass, so I will be looking for one in the classifieds here soon.

Oddly likes this.
  2. Welcome back.

3. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Welcome to TalkBass!!!!!

We have an unwritten rule around here. You can't talk about gear without posting pics. We need to debate the color of this Kiloton. :D Short version.....pics or it didn't happen.

4. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

this tends to be a 'gawker's delight' forum: we want/need to see your stuff! :)

in the meantime: welcome to TB! :thumbsup:

5. 73BLow

73BLow

Sep 26, 2017
    Central MA
    Thank you and pic protocol noted:

Kiloton2.jpg Kiloton1.jpg

6. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    ^nice axe.