1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Lakland Jerry Scheff - MINT! Must See!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Quadzilla, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Sold to Chef!!!!!!

FS ONLY! Need to sell some stuff as I just bought an F-Bass for CTBirdsong and I also need some cashola!

Bought this baby "used" but mint from Guitar Center. The problem was that the original neck had a defective truss rod in it. The very kind and VERY cool guys at Lakland swapped it for me. The swap and setup was done by Lakland at their shop (so you know it's right and just got a new setup!). Zero wear on this bass! The great part is that this bass generally comes with a rosewood board from the factory, but I had the Lakland boys put a new maple board neck on her. The maple board is an option if you special order a Scheff from them.

She also has Lindy Fralins in her verses the standard "Lipstick" pups. Other pickups are also an options on Scheff's (again, if you special order one verses taking one off the shelf). Killer, I mean KILLER tone. The boys at Lakland set her up perfect as well. Man, what a looker and player!!! I also just put brand new Ken Smith Bass Burner strings on her. If you have never tried these strings, you are in for a treat. They are one of the best strings I've ever tried. $799!!!! :hyper: :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. OMFG! :eek:
    Free bump for a beauty. Dang!!

3. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Jeez, selling already!? This is why your feedback number moves faster than the national debt counter.:D

4. juanete

juanete

May 15, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    Bump for a really nice bass!

5. Quadzilla

I know, I know. Man, I am the definition of "OCD" with a dash of "ADD". And my biggest problem is a newer disorder that we all know called "GAS".

6. Mrdak

Mrdak uber bass geek baby!

Feb 1, 2006
    Middle GA
    This is a prized thread if you ask me...........A killer looking Scheff with that maple board. I just spent too much, or I would have snagged this yesterday. And as for the Burners... Are the round core? Nickel? SS? I heard someone else goin on about these, and I'm curious man.

7. Quadzilla

Not sure about core, but the strings are stainless, but nickle plated. They are the brightest nickles I've used. Just the right amount of tension. Awesome strings!

8. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    pm'd

9. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    and another pm, thanks...

10. Quadzilla

Replied. Looks like Alan (Chef) might be grabbing this...

11. Nice one!!

Chef, if you run out of room in your bass closet, I can help you out :D

12. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Scheff for Chef...how could I resist...

thanks mate-alan

13. Quadzilla

Yes, she is SOLD! I'll miss this one more than most. Has that mojo!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.