1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Lakland Skyline 44-64

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ariwax, Mar 3, 2016.

1. ariwax

ariwax Insonating the acoustic window Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Price:
    $775
    Strings:
    See thread below for new pics! Beautiful bass, just not getting played since my Moollon P-Classic showed up. This is a nearly new Skyline 44-64, in black/rosewood with a mint guard, totally stock, built in Indonesia and Plek'd to perfection in Chicago. Satin neck with nice grain. Nothing wrong with it at all, never gigged or abused, never exposed to smoke, just like it came from Sweetwater except I peeled the plastic off the pickguard. If you're in the market for a bulletproof P-bass, this is easily on par with any production USA Fender I have played recently. I will take some more pics but here are some to start. Comes with a Lakland gig bag. Asking $850 $800 $775 OBO. PayPal preferred. Not really looking for trades. Please PM with questions. Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
    Smadella, R&B and blindrabbit like this.
  2. Great seller here, buy with confidence!

GLWYS!

joker820 and ariwax like this.
  3. garytone

garytone

Nov 26, 2011
    Indiana
    Beautiful . . .

4. Marton

Marton

Sep 20, 2005
    Quebec
    *crossing fingers*

Weight ?

5. ariwax

Apr 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    8 lbs 10 oz.

6. ariwax

Apr 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    image. image. image. image. image. image. image. image. image.
    New pics uploaded (finally)!

mpdd and jtobin68 like this.
  7. ariwax

Apr 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Price drop!

8. BobaFret

BobaFret

Jan 22, 2008
    PM sent

9. ariwax

Apr 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    PMs replied. Still available. For clarification, this is a straight up P-bass, bone stock, with a 1.75" nut, very comfy neck, even for my stubby fingers. It's rock solid with no issues. Before Lakland changed their nomenclature this would have been called a Bob Glaub. Please PM me with any questions.

waynobass likes this.
  10. does the price include shipping? also how would you ship this,,, I want this bass but I'm more worried about it getting damaged in transit its the main reason I try to meet people in person to buy basses. if the neck is removed for shipping and I put it back on here do you think it would be set up as good as before or would that screw something up.

11. ariwax

Apr 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Price doesn't include shipping. International buyers would pay actual shipping cost, and I'd be willing to split shipping to buyers in the CONUS. Total for domestic shipping including a double-walled guitar box is usually around $70, which I would split up the middle. I use FedEx and have them exclusively pack and ship fully insured. Second choice is USPS. Never UPS (never again, anyway). I don't detach the neck or do anything but detune the strings, because I also don't want to screw up the setup for the recipient or chip the paint at the neck pocket. Please PM me if you have any other questions. Thanks!

12. joker820

joker820 Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2014
    Part of me wants to buy this and throw in a Lollar Pickup and Tort Guard. The other part of me says hey dummy, you haven't changed the pup and pg on the Jazz you already have and they're sitting right next to it. Also afraid I might want to keep both. :bag:

ariwax likes this.
  13. ariwax

Apr 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Listen to that part of you, it knows what it's talking about. Although I have to say, the stock pup sounds pretty darn awesome.

blindrabbit likes this.
  14. ariwax

Apr 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Now opening this up for possible trades. Not sure what I want, really, so run it by me. Would love an Ovation Magnum or a G&L or an EBMM. Partial trades plus cash also considered. This is a beautiful P-bass that is getting no action!

15. ariwax

Apr 3, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Oh yeah - if anybody out there has an EBMM Ray or Sterling 4HS, and is interested in a bulletproof P-bass, look no further. I'd be willing to kick in some cash on the deal. Also miss my old CIJ Marcus Miller Jazz. But whatever you have, shoot me a PM!

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  16. jtobin68

jtobin68

Apr 27, 2016

17. jtobin68

jtobin68

Apr 27, 2016
    How do I pm?