1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Lane Poor???

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by jeff_bass28, Mar 23, 2006.

1. jeff_bass28

jeff_bass28 Guest

Mar 21, 2006
    I bought a set of Lane Poor pickups for an Ibanez Soundgear 6 a few years back. Never got around to installing them- the 6 wasn't my main bass, so I put it off. The 6 has since died a horrible death (don't ask), but I still have the Lane Poor's. My question...what happened to Lane Poor??? When I bought from LP, they were all anyone could talk about, now they seemed to have vanished! What happened? Aliens? Witness protection? EHH?????:help: :confused:

2. jwymore

jwymore

Jul 26, 2001
    Portland, OR
    I found this link ...

http://www.lanepoor.com/

Appearently they have been out of business since 2001 .... if you believe what you hear on the internet!! :p

3. Mental Octopus

Mental Octopus

May 24, 2003
    Lane Poor went out of business in 2001. lets just say that he had a great product, but wasnt very good had handling his money...

this guy is a genius, he knows everything about everything. i see him once and a while since he lives and works near me. he doesnt do pickups anymore, he is working on some mega speaker right now.

4. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    That's good to hear. Be great to see some speakers of the same caliber as the pickups. I understand that he was kind of hooked up with Bill Lawrence at one time, similar design philosophy too.