1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD LDS 112 based on Mesa Boogie Walkabout Scout Extension

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by szusman, Jan 23, 2018.

1. szusman

szusman Supporting Member

May 15, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Price:
    I have enjoyed this cab for a few years, but it's time to let it go... and get used again more often!

In 2014 I had Don at LDS make me a copy of the Mesa Boogie Walkabout Scout Extension 112 cabinet, but an "improved" version. He stripped a Walkabout (the speaker, horn, crossover, controls, handle, grill, passive radiator, grill, emblem) and built a lighter box the same size (20"h, 16.5"w, 15"d), using the same black vinyl. It weighs 28.5 lbs. He also moved the handle to the top and added a tray so all amps sit nicely on it. Comes with original slip cover in mint condition never used. I can also include some speak-on inputs that Don sent along (but never installed), in case you want to add those to the back panel yourself.

This is a 4 ohm, compact TONE MONSTER. I was the second owner of the original Walkabout (which was relatively new, as I recall, since it had the newer back panel controls), and everything works like a charm. Cosmetically in VG+ condition with a tiny part of the vinyl glued down on the side. There was a Telescoping Dolly attached on the back. Add $25 if you want it back on there.

Re trades: lately, I am into DNA cabs (210 preferred), Form Factor (112L or 210L), or would love to find either the Bergantino AE210 or the Bag End D10X-D (12" version), or maybe the slim Aguilar 210 (12" version). Also wanting to try the DNA-800 amp, or the Demeter 800D (the brown one). And I am also looking for another iGig bag, or maybe a nice leather gigbag. So, adding cash is definitely a possibility... either my direction or yours!

IMG_20180122_125521.

Attached Files:

burgerdj likes this.