Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lets Discuss Adrian Garcia

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by cassanova, Sep 2, 2004.

1. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    I dont see this mans name brought up very often if at all here in the forum. So I thought this would be a good opportunity to mention a very great player. (Who also happens to be a member here at T.B.)

I only know of him being with KC & The Sunshine band. Who else has he played with? Who are some of his influances?

I also plan on going to his web site and researching him a bit, but before I do that, I wanted to post about him here. This way others who dont know about him can learn about him and perhaps wind up with a new influance after hearing him.

2. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Dunno much about him either, other than he's a wicked slapper and has some killer basses....he also seems to be a genuine nice guy as well.

Maybe a layered bass solo mp3 with the nordstrand is in order? :hyper:

3. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    He played in KC and the Sunshine Band? That's awesome.

Check out the EUB vs. Fretless thread, he posted an AWESOME clip of him playing on his Clevinger EUB with a bow -- wonderful, wonderful clip.

4. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    All I can tell you is that he's in that club with Frode Berg and JT; really good bassists!!

5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Super cool guy with chops to spare!!!!! :bassist: I think he's plays in a gospel project.

6. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    Where is it? Hook me up with the link pretty please

7. Hman

Hman

Jan 8, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Yeah..Adrian is super cool and awesome player :eek: I do value his opinions on bass equipments. He is in this project with Patti Austin..check this thread
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140739

If you visit Vegas...make sure you check out his actions. I think he should be either playing a F bass, Nordstrand or currently a Sadowsky :confused:

ps...and he's a brother in Christ! :D

8. Hman

Hman

Jan 8, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
  9. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Hey man, you forgot my name in there. I'm sure it was just an oversight.

brad cook

10. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I was under the impression that it wasn't him playing...he commented on the clip and said something like "my technique is nowhere near that good" or something. I think that's just a sample from the Clevinger website to demo their bass. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

brad cook

11. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    And here I thought he was just a really cool guy, with cool songs! (I had only heard some samples he posted in a samples thread) I didnt even know he was famous and stuff. Thats nice to see, someone who has "made it" by my standards and is still down to earth enough that you'd never know until someone else points it out to you.

Glad to see his playing is as recognized as his good nature here on the boards has been :)

Keep it low Adrian!

12. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Oh, I saw that comment and thought it was something to do with his NS bass and arco playing on that...you're probably right. Either way, that was a good clip ;).

13. Adrian is a true friend... and i've never actually met him in person! i've seen television clips, heard songs and samples, and even heard him play over the phone!
    i haven't been here that long but i know him from the old bunnybass days.

gotta get out to vegas. :D

furio

14. Adrian is a very nice guy!

He's actually playing a F bass bn5, nordstrand accessbass model, Sadowsky that he's selling and will perhaps buy a metro, think he have a F Bass BN5 on the way...???

He played with several persons from KC and the sunshine band, and a south american singer I forgot the name... and many others.

I know him only by the web, never met him, but sure he's a very great person!
    A customer of his shop, gary Roberts aka roscoe5 in TB, told me he's a very good dealer, easy to work with.

That's only things I know about him

Vince

15. The impression I have of Adrian is that he is one cool, laid back, extremely nice, very professional, humble, killer bassist whom I would love to sit down with for a brain picking session over a few beers (on me)... Maybe the next time I'm in his hood.

16. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Great guy and a great player!!!

I go to Vegas twice a year and try to visit Adrian at one or more of his gigs each time. He currently goes on the road with an international singer named Martin Neivera and also the famous Patti Austin. He also performs with various Vegas acts ranging from smooth jazz, latin, contemporary pop, and Vegas style shows.

He is indeed an excellent bassist as far as laying down a groove or slapping an outrageous solo. As you can surmise by his posts, he's tried out a lot of gear and is very knowlegeable on bass gear. and he is a humble and real nice guy. Try to look him up if you visit Vegas... too bad for Adrian, he'll have a lot of TBers calling when they visit Sin City.

17. Adrian is a class act and a truely humble person with more musical skill than most of us combined. He has always been willing to share his experience and learnings with me and I sincerely appreciate his wisdom.

We're fortunate to have hime here.

Jeff

18. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    He's having my baby.

;)

My Spalted Brubakers began with Adrian. He's good people.

19. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    awwwww! you guys!...... :smug:
    all i can think of you guys must be REALLY bored !:eek:
    but am really touched that you guys have accepted me into the brotherhood of bass-
    but.. while i give thanks and praise to the Lord for the opportunity to play some "name" gigs, belive me, i am just one of the guys and i stress and worry and scurry for gigs like many of us!
    thanks again for all the kind words, guys...
    got nuthin' but love for ya'll!