lets make warmoth build stingrays!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lowmid, Jun 19, 2005.

1. lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    I mailed to warmoth a couple of weeks ago asking if they could build me a custom MM stingray body to have a custom bass, they told me it was impossible because the demand wasn't big enough to launch some R&D...

so I thought, if every Tb'er which could be interested in having a musicman from warmoth could send a little mail in, maybe we could create a little revolution!!!

would this be possible?
  2. lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    anybody interested?
  3. Rat

Mar 15, 2005
    Boston Sewers
    sounds like a plan , post thier email address and lets get to work
  4. lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    here it is, i'm in exams right now , i'll send mine this evening
  5. Jazzbassman23

Apr 20, 2000
    Okay, let's examine your motives for a minute. Is there something about the Ernie Ball MM Stingray that you don't like? I've got Seymour Duncan MM electronics in a Warmoth body, and it sounds nothing like a Stingray. It sounds good, but it ain't a Ray. You're certainly not going to be able to build anything cheaper using Warmoth parts. So, is it just that you like the shape of the Stingray body and want to put, say, a P/J setup, or are you trying to reinvent the Ray? Finally, I'm not convinced Warmoth would get the goahead from EB.
  6. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    Yeah, a wide neck S'Ray 5.
    I don't think they could build them fast enough!
  7. 0557

Apr 12, 2004
  8. that sounds awesome. i'm doing it.
  9. lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    Something like a flamed maple top ray, without chrome control cover and an added J pickup with a 3 way selector, and this cheaper than a normal ray, for a european like me!!!

does that convince you??