1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

lets see some old road worn basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cwest, Oct 22, 2010.

1. cwest

cwest

Oct 20, 2010
    heres my dads old 1960 fender percision. he gave it to me recently. he bought it brand new and since has traveled everywhere with her. i believe it has a 70 jazz neck not shure tho. my computer wont let me upload bigger pics for some reason.

Attached Files:

2. cwest

cwest

Oct 20, 2010
    another one of the franken-cision

Attached Files:

3. recreate.me

recreate.me

Apr 2, 2010
    Ontario
    Oh, you mean actual road worn from use, i read this thinking about fenders line of Road Worn Basses... I was curious to see what they are going to look in 5 years of heavy play.

Well, i cant post since i only have the fake road worn precision, but man, that one looks like it was loved all night every night! wow...Any cool stories to go with those battle scars?

4. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    This is my 1982 Hondo II Longhorn. Bought it brand new. Toured with it over 30 states. Played wth it as my main bass for nearly 20 years.
    IMG_6008.

5. cwest

cwest

Oct 20, 2010
    ya actual road worn. my ol man has beat that thing to death man. he told me the original case was stolen in flagstaff az. he had no clean clothes or a laundry basket, so he threw all the clothes in the case and headed to the laundrymat, on the way he decided he needed some booze so he went in a liquor store and someone stole the case. and his exact words were wish i coulda seen there face when they opened it and seen my dirty britches..........

6. cwest

cwest

Oct 20, 2010
    sweet bass man!!!!!!!

7. Mr Guy

Mr Guy

Sep 27, 2010
    '74 Jazz, been played alot. Only 5 years by me though.

fender.

8. I usually can't stand the Longhorn look, but for some reason that one really speaks to me.

9. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2001
    Kenosha, WI 53140
    She has been a great bass over the last 30 years! I take extremely good care of my basses. For 30 years old, there is buckle rash, teeth marks (yes teeth) and dents and dings, but shines nice and looks great. Still plays and sounds fantastic!

10. cwest

cwest

Oct 20, 2010
    niiiiccccccccceeeeeee!

11. cwest

cwest

Oct 20, 2010
    ya!!!!!!!! my ol man said the reason the original pickups are not im mine is because he hit some dude in the mouth in tucson az with the bass. apparently he was onstage and some drunk guy standing infront of the stage was acting crazy, so my dad swung the bass by the headstock and hit him with the body! needless to say he wound up goin to jail. from what my mom said my dad was always getting into fights ha ha. so i guess i could prolly say mine has teeth marks too.

12. IMG_0641.

I put every mark on this bass, unfortunately. :bawl:

Fabian_Aryo likes this.
  13. Jjango

Jjango

Nov 16, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Not trying to be a grammar nazi, but since it's the second thread you have started about this bass, I figured I'd point it out:

It's Precision, not "percision".

Leo Fender named it the "Precision" Bass because, unlike an upright bass, the Precision Bass came with frets. This meant that every note would have precise pitch, hence the Precision name.

14. cwest

cwest

Oct 20, 2010
    ha ha my bad. i suck...........i feel like a tool now:bag:

15. Jjango

Jjango

Nov 16, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Naw, it's a common mistake. :)

16. You're not a tool, you're the envy of TBers everywhere with that bass! Any way it's spelled, that P is b-a-d-a-s-s

17. We still NEED bigger pics of that baby!

18. cwest

cwest

Oct 20, 2010
    i for the life of me cannot get it to upload bigger pics!!!!! if one of you guys want me to e mail you pics maybe you can get em to upload??????????

19. really nice

HolmeBass likes this.
  20. aight dude go here http://imageshack.us/ upload the pictures then when they up load,click on each picture and copy the "Direct Link" URL into [ i m g ] [ / i m g ] without 0 spaces and it should upload full size.