1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available Lightwave Saber SL 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Greg_S, Aug 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Greg_S

Greg_S Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Colorado
    Price:
    Strings:
    Photo Aug 20, 1 11 40 PM.jpg

The Lightwave Saber SL 5 string features a tonal palette unlike anything you've ever played. The purity of sound and the length of sustain is absolutely breathtaking! Unlike conventional magnetic pickups, the LightWave Saber’s optical pickups do not create a magnetic field, therefore the strings’ sustain is not affected by the slight pull of the magnet. This allows the tone of the Saber bass to sustain much longer while remaining clean, and it delivers a more natural bass tone than you’ll hear from a typical magnetic pickup. The Saber is also equipped with piezo pickups in the Monolith Bridge rails that add a very cool character to the instrument’s tone when blended into the signal.

I realize that these basses don't pop up here all that often and many of you have never heard of them, so I thought I'd provide some education on them as these are very different basses then what you're used to - and for that they're worthy of your attention:

Here's a review of the Lightwave Saber SL by Ed Friedland, the Bass Whisperer.

Here's a review from MusicPlayers.com by Joseph Dubbiosi.

Here's another review from MusicRadar.com.

And lastly, here's a link to the Lightwave website.

Specs:
    • Alder body
    • 3 pc rock maple neck
    • Rosewood fingerboard
    • 34" scale
    • 24 frets
    • Custom GraphTech bridge
    • Lightwave active preamp with . . .
      • Master volume
      • Bass boost/cut
      • Mid boost/cut
      • Mid Range EQ sweep
    • "Ice Tone" blend
    • Warm/cool toggle switch
    • On board rechargeable battery gives you 16 hours of play time with 1 hour battery re-charges (charger included)
    Condition is very good with some minor scuffing on the back and lower edge and some swirling on the front finish from polishing, but this baby has very low miles on her. I've attached the manual for this bass too. It's really easy to adjust these and to dial them in. Not as intimidating as it seems.

Asking $850 shipped CONUS in a brand new Gator Gig Bag.

Trade Interests:

• Looking for a $$ equivalent 4 banger to convert to BEAD; so I'll look at Fenders, G&L's, etc, so long as the string spacing is 19mm.
    • Would also consider 5 strings as well. String spacing must be 19mm.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
    SodaCity bass likes this.
  2. These are very cool, lightweight, and great sounding and playing basses. This is also a fair price. When I look on the bay they are usually more expensive. So. .....GLWTS!

Greg_S likes this.