1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Line6 HD400 head users

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by javi_bassist, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Hi!
    This question is for HD400 head users. I've been using the line6 lowdown LD400 (the 400W combo) and I really liked it. Now I want to get a 4x10 cab and I sold my combo and I bought a HD400 head (i really love the amp). The point is that I don't know which cab I should use. I want a 4x10 cab, and I saw some cabs which work at 4ohm so I can get the full power (Fender Rumble, Eden EX410SC,ashdown MAG 414T and the Marshall MBC410). However, I really like Hartke cabs like the VX410 and the 410XL. But these two can only work at 8ohm.
    My question is, do you guys use a 8ohm cab? Do you get enough volume to be heard? I don't know if with only 200watts will be enough. The other option (but it's most difficult to me) is to save money and buy a TC BC410, but this is harder because I don't have any cab now. What do you think?
    Thanks

2. kingkeld

kingkeld

Sep 18, 2012
    Denmark
    I play a Line6 Lowdown HD750, and started off with one 8 Ohm 410 cam. It sounds great, and I had enough volume - but of course this is a 750W amp.
    The 2nd cab I added gave me oodles more volume. A lot. A LOT!
    Nice to see another Line6 user. :)

Keld.

3. RotoRick

RotoRick

Jul 20, 2012

Your decision will be based on whether you ever plan on using two cabs or just one. If its just one I would get a 40hm cab that will take full advantage of your amps full power.

Nothing worse than not having enough volume and knowing that your amp has more but its the cabs fault cause its 8ohm.

Two 8ohm cabs would solve the problem but at a big expense and hastle of bringing two cabs everywhere.

Like you I have fallen in love with certain cabs but if you are opened minded enough and research alot you will find the perfect cab that gives you all the things you like about Hartke and maybe even more...........Good Luck.

4. It's been a while since the last time I logged in the forum.
    Thanks for the comments. I finally bought a 4ohm cab since I am playing in small venues (and I guess it won't change in a while). However, I didn't buy a 4x10 cab, but a 2x12 one (the GK MBE 212). I took my decision based on the room I have in my car and the fact that, since my amp is at home, I don't have any help to move it. I needed something not so heavy, and I found this cab. I like it, but I still prefer 4x10 cabs. Next time