Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Nickthebassist, Oct 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was just vaccuuming round, and my parrot got aggressive with the nozzle bit of my vaccuum cleaner when iwas vaccuuming near his cage, so I tapped him on the beak with it.....next thing I know he's trying to bite it, then gets his head sucked into the nozzle and starts shrieking and flapping his wings. I turned it off and made sure he was ok, which he is, but I swear he's gonna bite me as soon as he gets half a chance..... :bag: :ninja:
  2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL

Not cool, dude. Animal abuse really pisses me off.
  3. It wasn't animal abuse at all, I only put it near him to subdue his aggressiveness. Then he bit it, and then got his head stuck. As soon as I realised I switched it off and he flew off....the only damage was a few out of place feathers. Jeeez, it's not like i was TRYING to hurt him!
  4. Aye, well my parrot was getting seriously aggressive, so I just decided to show him who is boss, but this didn;t work, and he attacked it and got head stuck. I thought he'd really hurt himself at first...he kinda fell off the end of the nozzle in a crumpled heap, but then when I went to pick him up he flew up to one of the other parrot's cages and re-arranged his feathers. I checked his eyes to make sure they weren't damaged, and then he just went back to his cage and observed me from there, until I put him back in.
  5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    but still you thought it cool enough to brag to us about.
  6. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002

I can only hope your pets will someday escape or be rescued.

You do not EVER "show a pet who is boss" by shoving a vacuum in it's face
  7. anyone have a vacuum cleaner big enough that we can suck nicks head into it? please make sure the off button is broken
  8. I don't think it's 'kool', I was just syaing, it was kinda comical after it happened. I wasn't actually shuving it in his face, I was using the side of the plastic nozzle, and when I moved it away he ran forward and attacked the front. His head didn't get fully sucked into it anyway, but his beak was kinda stuck on the front. He's a tough bird....I once accidentally sat on him when he walked underneath where I was about to sit, and I didn't see him. And if you don't think I care about my parrots, I inivte you to come and have a look at them, they are 100% healthy(except the budgie who was shot by a bunch of people who ran into my house when I was getting one of them a palster for a cut on their hand, and he lost his eye.....suffice to say the kid never came near me again).
  9. well first of all, how stupid are you for shoving a vacuum cleaner tube at a bird anyway...my 5yo sister throws lego at me, do i get the tub and tip it over her? NO......get some common sense dude....

and kids ran in your house and shot your bird? was that an assasination attempt or something?....kids running in your house and shot your bird....i still dont beleive it...its like a punch line to a joke or something
  10. I allowed them in briefly while I was getting a plaster for one, and a few of the lads(one of which was drunk) went and got my airsoft guns. They started shooting, and one of the lads ran infront of the bird cage, trying to hide. He got shot, and so did my budgie. I then went and got my Marui AEG FAMAS and totally kicked all their assses and threw em out of my house. And as for the common sense, meh, the parot was being aggressive, he's not hurt, and he's learned a valuable lesson NEVER ATTACK THE VACUUM CLEANER!
  11. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    This thread makes even me feel dumb.
  12. O fer god's sake. You guys have NO sense of humour. If he had have been hurt I'd not have found it funny, but it was the way the parrot fluffed himself up and had to preeen himself and then gave me this arrogant look and tried to look as elegant as possible. I think his dignity is hurt.
  13. I just hope there is no damage internally...I mean vacuum to it's breathing passages... you don't *really* know he's totally ok...

Yeah, tho you claim you weren't "trying" to hurt him, in a way you kinda were. What lesson was to be learned by showing him who is boss? Maybe he was instinctively aggressive due to the danger it felt either from the suction it perceived around him, or the noise. The vacuum freaks my dog out. I'd never suck his tail into it if he got yippy....

If the parrot is truly ok, great, and it's you who learned the lesson. Hopefully.
  14. Well he's acting fine, bouncing around his cage as usual. I didn't intend for it to suck him in, and I thought he'd know better than to shuv his head into something with suction(trust me, this bird knows things, he is more intelligent than most toddlers).
  15. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    How so?
  16. Well he jusr does. This is a bird that understands value of foods, bribery, and he can also over come his instinct to attack.....a cleaning cloth(however he eventually gives in and has to attack it, and we put him back in his cage through the top(which opens), with him dangling from the cloth). He's very intelligent, leaves any dog I've ever met way behind in terms of intelligence...o, and he once attacked a cat and beat it up.
  17. :rollno:

18. What? I'm one of the msot caring people ever when it coems to parrots.....my personal mission is to destroy the illegal trade in aprrots, and destroy all the logging companies that destroy their habitats, by whatever means necessary!
  19. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    you could threaten them with your vacuum :meh:

that'll teach them ;)
  20. I'm thinking more along the lines of a baseball bat for the illegal traders. There was one found in Yorkshire recently...he's lucky I didn't get him, cuz he'd be a dead man by now!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.