1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Logo removal/customization

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Awesome Sauce, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Awesome Sauce

Awesome Sauce Already tired tomorrow

Dec 21, 2011
    NW Chicago 'burbs
    Hey all. I'm getting a new bass and I'd like to know the best way to remove the logo decal. It's not brand shame/misrep but rather that I want to put a custom decal in its place. Also can anyone tell me where I might find said decal material or have one made for me? The logo is on a glossy black plastic laminate btw.

Thanks!

2. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Ebay.

3. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Jan 27, 2010
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    What kind of bass?

4. Rocky McD

Rocky McD

Jun 28, 2005
    San Antonio, Texas
    Builder,mcdcustomguitars
    Is the Logo on top of the finish or is buried beneath the finish? You must know this first.

5. Awesome Sauce

Awesome Sauce Already tired tomorrow

Dec 21, 2011
    NW Chicago 'burbs
    I'll have to verify, but I'm almost positive it's on top.

6. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Doesn't matter. If you're willing to reduce the resale value of the bass by removing the original logo, enough sanding will remove it regardless. Of course, you may have to refinish the entire headstock afterwards.

Be careful what you ask for - because you may get it. :D

7. Rocky McD

Rocky McD

Jun 28, 2005
    San Antonio, Texas
    Builder,mcdcustomguitars
    If the decal is on top of the finish, it will come off easily with minor sanding with fine sand paper or 0000 steel wool. You can buy decal paper on the internet and make your own on a computer easily.
    Rocky