1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

LOng Time away

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Joe Seb Fraser, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Joe Seb Fraser

Joe Seb Fraser

Apr 19, 2006
    OK. I'm an old hand. I was playing bass back in the sixties and thats a long time ago. On the other hand I'm a new guy. I stopped playing when I was in my early twenties, (and that's also a long time ago!).

I had a heart attack just before my sixtieth birthday, (not such a long time ago), retired from work and decided to start playing again. Reliving my youth? Well perhaps but why not, after all I'm not sure now how much of it I've got left now so I might aswell enjoy it!

Guitars seem much the same as in my youth but the debates, (arguments?), about them seem to be a little more knowledgeable, I guess bassists are much more technicaly educated today. I can't believe the prices asked for old instruments from my young days! Honestly guys, I was there and they just weren't that good!

THere's a lot I need to catch up on, both in my playing and in my knowledge. Help an old man will you?