1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Look @ what I found on Craigs List for $25

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by phatbassplayer, Jan 13, 2012.

1. phatbassplayer

phatbassplayer

Apr 7, 2009
    Illinois
    Head is not working so I took it to the repair shop today but the cabinet works great.. I'm excited!
    2h51kp1.

2. StyleOverShow

StyleOverShow Still Playing After All These Years Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2008
    Hillsdale, Portland
    CV - looks like 15's. What a score!

3. phatbassplayer

phatbassplayer

Apr 7, 2009
    Illinois
    Yeah 15's.. idk if they are JBL's or Magna Labs

4. Plucky The Bassist

Plucky The Bassist ZOMG! I'm back from the dead! Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Duuuuuude....crazy score, congrats

5. tlaubs

tlaubs Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2010
    St. Louis
    I was so close to grabbing that myself.

6. And depending on the amp repair it might be a simple thing to fix. Sometimes I've opened up old amps or synthesizers, looked around, sprayed away some dust, connected everything together and wow it now works again... Could be something simple like a blown fuse or a bad connection or loose cable somewhere.

7. phatbassplayer

phatbassplayer

Apr 7, 2009
    Illinois
    you seen that too bro? I jumped on that so quick..

The post said a rediculous $10 I called and he said $10 each... I said give ya $25.. he could care less...lol

8. Now that's a nice score!

9. jungleheat

jungleheat Banned

Jun 19, 2011
    DC
    Woah, that's a super score. Even makes my recent "basically brand new Trace head for $225" almsot seem like a ripoff!

I would love one of those cabs. I have the 1x15 version right now and it sounds great with any driver I've had in it (3 so far, the older BW it came with, a NOS EV 15B II, and currently a very slightly used JBL M151). I'm sure that 2x15 would KILL with 2 of those EVs (400w each at 8ohms, and something like 45-5kHz).

Those look like the original drivers, Carvin usually had those light colored gaskets like that. Mine is rated at 200w, so I'm sure that one is probably 400, which is enough for most things.

How much does it weigh? I would guess somewhere in the range of 85-100lbs, which isnt too bad for a 2x15.

10. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx