1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Looking for advice on selling my upright.

Discussion in 'Classifieds Usage Discussion and Help' started by Zack Sewell, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Zack Sewell

Zack Sewell Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2017
    Atlanta
    I work at Music Go Round however this account is not affiliated with them at all. Anything sold, or said is that of my own.
    Hey guys. After years of playing and working in the industry, I have finally made a talkbass account. I talk so much music at work that I don't really do much of it online, but thank you all for the welcoming atmosphere. My question is have any of you had luck with selling an upright bass here? I have a vintage Herold Jaeger from 1933 and it needs to find a home where it can be appreciated. I don't spend enough time playing it. Just wondering what y'alls experiences have been like before I pull the trigger on subscribing and listing.

smperry likes this.
  2. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    I've listed and sold two double basses in the db classifieds over the years. There were a few tire kickers and low ballers, but both transactions worked out fine (in fairness, one of the basses was sold to someone I'd already met in person and trust). Both times, I gave people my home address and set up a meeting. If I had any concerns, I would meet someplace more public (coffee shop, etc). I had no interest in shipping a db, or driving far to someone I didn't know. You probably don't need other advice, but good pictures and information always helps. Samples don't hurt either. Good luck!

Zack Sewell likes this.
  3. Zack Sewell

Zack Sewell Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2017
    Atlanta
    I work at Music Go Round however this account is not affiliated with them at all. Anything sold, or said is that of my own.
    THANK YOU SO MUCH! This community has been great so far and I really appreciate you taking the time to add your two cents. I think I will get some videos up because that really seems like an attractive way to advertise it considering uprights are such a hard thing to decide on anyways and it typically means one of a bass players highest investments.