1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Looking For Ampeg AFP4BD Footswitch

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ampeg_turtle, Apr 5, 2009.

1. ampeg_turtle

ampeg_turtle

Mar 22, 2009
    concord, nh
    Yep...so I recently made a mistake...

Not only did I unfortunately purchase an Ampeg B500DR (ampeg's infamous solid state dog), but I managed to get one ignorant to the fact that it was actually suposed to come WITH the footswitch. So I figure... no big deal, I'm sure I can find one of these things kicking around somewhere. Turns out...not so much, these hunks of crap had been phased out of existence quite some time ago.

Now with all things being equal, it is a nice sounding head. I like it enough to keep it around...now that its run through a crown xti 1000. But I'm wondering if anyone might be able to help me locate one of these switches... as indicated in the thread title the switch is an Ampeg AFP4BD. Finding the proper replacement would be great but if you know of another switch that would do the trick that would help too.

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I'm not 100% sure, but that footswitch activates the mute, and eq, right? So, most any on/off 2 button switch should work, I think.

3. ampeg_turtle

ampeg_turtle

Mar 22, 2009
    concord, nh
    nah, unfortunately not the case. This head lets you set and save all of your settings into 4 different presets, so you can stomp on the "included" 4 button switch and call up the presets automatically.

It has a connector end that looks like the plug for a computer mouse on steroids in lieu of the tradition 1/4" jack.

4. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis
    Actually, IIRC from looking at the data I have, the footswitch is just 4 momentary switches plus some LEDs.

The connector is a standard DIN plug similar to a midi plug.

It should be possible to use a made-up footswitch setup in place of it, although the footswitch LEDs wouldn't be present.

I don't seem to have info on the footswitch, at least not handy.