1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looking for Bass Teacher in Massachusetts

Discussion in 'Wanted: Bass Players' started by Silver Hammer, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Silver Hammer

Silver Hammer

Aug 17, 2006
    I'm looking for a teacher around the Taunton area. From past experiences I would really like to have hour long lessons and not half hour and learn theory besides just playing along to songs. I'm a beginner-intermediate bassist and just want to continue to get better. I listen to all kinds of music but I really like rock, (mostly classic rock and many current bands that don't really get radio play- Mr. Bungle anyone?) funk, hip hop and industrial. Any teachers who think they are up to it are welcome to reply as well as students who think their teacher is the coolest dude ever and want to recommend him or her.

2. poisonoakie

poisonoakie

Nov 26, 2006
    Las Vegas, NV
    Check out Jim Stinnett. His website is jimsstinnett.com. He is the most inspirational person I have ever met. But only study with him if you are serious about becoming a professional bassist and are willing to work your arse off.

3. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    Stinnett is in NH and that's quite a distance from Taunton.

You should look in Providence. It's much closer to you than Boston or Worcester. I don't know anyone off hand in that area that teaches privately.

4. poisonoakie

poisonoakie

Nov 26, 2006
    Las Vegas, NV
    Stinnett gives lessons out of Boston.

5. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
  6. CapeBass

CapeBass Guest

7. allexcosta

allexcosta

Apr 7, 2004
    Stop by Berklee and ask where either Oscar Stagnaro or Zuzo Mossawer are teaching now. I can get you Zuzo's phone number later today.

8. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    MIKE LAVOIE!!! Ahhh yeah, man I haven't heard that cat's name for a long time. He is definitely a killer player... I never knew he started teaching at Symphony, that's a great cat to study with.

Another killer player and teacher is Todd Baker, I think that he is out of the Raynham area (which is definitely closer than NH or N. Dartmouth). I think that Todd might still teach out of Umass Dartmouth as well.

There is Brian Battles or is it his brother Sean, well he is a smoking player out of Plymouth which isn't too far from Taunton.

that was the first studio I was ever in, does Bob Yen still run that place?

9. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Mike Lull GK Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass
    I second Oscar.
    Not sure what his schedule is right now.

10. Twnty1inRF

Twnty1inRF

Sep 13, 2007
    DC Region
    I studied with Oscar in the late 80's and still to this day use some of the exercises I learned from him.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021