Looking for Mudbucker pickup!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by myke.nytemare, Jun 14, 2007.

1. I must say that I like the new Squier VM Precision TB with the "Mudbucker" pickup right by the neck and was thinking that I could just get that kind of pickup and add it to any bass.

While I have seen the Dimarzio Model One and Will Power neck, I have not seen Bass "Mudbuckers" with chrome covers.
    Does anyone know where to get the Fender/Squier pickup or one like it?

Thanks in advance!

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

not aware of any bass pup named a mudbucker and as far as I know it's a generic term for any typically hi output passive humbucker positioned at the neck regardless of it's dimensions or cover, though usually it's the larger EB0/Model 1 dimensions that are assoicated with them. Gibsons will have the narrow G spacing.

The EBO would be would such chrome cover as would a split Tele, no doubt there are others.

Ebay

3. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    That pickup is a fender model TEB 101B

4. rumblethump

rumblethump Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2000
    Pioneer CA. 95666
    The term mudbucker usually refers to 60s and early 70s Gibson EB neck pickups. These pickups usually run around 28 ohms output. Because of the high output and shortscale basses they installed them in, most amps couldn't handle the deep tone they produced and thus they were named mudbucker.

I replaced mine with a model One Dimarzio and it cleaned up my bass tone immensly. The only amp I have ever owned that would even begin to handle its tone was an Acoustic 360.

5. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab HELIX user & BOSE Abuser

Feb 11, 2004
    Texas
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021