1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looking to upgrade from a fender rumble 100 combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by polska, Mar 14, 2008.

1. polska

polska

Mar 14, 2008
    Hey,

I'm new to talk bass. A friend showed me the site, figured you might be able to help me. I'm looking to upgrade to a bigger amp. Cost is a factor. Looking to save a bit of money by buying a combo amp although I have looked into getting a cab and head.

Right now I use a Fender Rumble 100. It was good for the first 6 months I used it. It still works, and the only problem i really have with it is the same problem everyone else has, or so I've read and that's the problem of once you turn the volume past 2 or 3 it doesn't get that much louder just more distorted really.

I've been looking into getting a Fender 250/210 combo. Haven't heard of too many problems from them. Only problem is, once I have the money for one everywhere is sold out and it's on back order.

Anyone have any suggestions for any alternatives?

2. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    The Traynor Dynabass 200 combo has more power and later on you can add an external speaker for even better coverage if you need. They're very reliable, sound good, priced well and made in North America (Canada to be exact) with a "2 year, even if you break it" warranty. I've used one and it's a great deal for the money.

Other than that, if you go the separate head and speaker cabinet route you could get the Gallien Krueger Backline 600 head (300 watts) and a 2x12" or 4x10" speaker cabinet from Avatar (Avatar only sells direct--check their website) and that'll handle anything you're likely to have to play. GK amps are pretty easy to find in stores or you can order from an on line company..

I don't know how much you're willing to spend but the two above choices are both workable rigs that won't break the bank.

Either keep your Fender amp for home practice or trade it in when you buy.

3. bassman639

bassman639

Dec 23, 2006
    northeast ,pa
    if you like the fender sound get the pro 400, nice

or look for a second hand eden