Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Loopers

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Big Benner, Jul 26, 2004.

1. Hey Loopers,

Does your looper have a click?

For example, my ME-50B has a 2.8 sec looping feature with a click you can set up from the Expression Pedal set to KICK DRUM.

So I get into the groove with the click and tap the pedal to record and tap again to stop. Great recording to the kick. But 2.8 seconds,... what can you do with that.

I've checked out the RC-20 but I can't seem to find a click on it. Also, I've been messing around with this computer friend who uses a computer with looping software and he just adds more and more drums. He could send me a TIME SYNC to lock up with him, but the RC-20 has no such input.

Any thoughts?

2. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    A Jamman with the Bob Sellon upgrade software will do a click.

Jamman and Echoplex both offer some sort of MIDI sync output that you could use with a MIDI sequencer.

Personally, I have just learned how to use my looper without a click. It is a skill that is well worth learning.

3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    The RC-20 has a click. the main issue is that the tempo can only be set using the tap control - it'd be nicer if you could fine tweak the tempo manually.

4. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Good old fashioned counting works pretty well for me.

5. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    ok, but if you're recording in a drum loop to play live you need to be able to sync up the tempos EXACTLY when recording. That's where it gets tricky.

6. Do you have any tricks/suggestions? What do you use and how do you use it?