1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Low-pass filter?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by ArpeggiFish, Mar 2, 2008.

1. ArpeggiFish

ArpeggiFish

Feb 24, 2008
    What does it do? On the ACG filter pre, it has a high-pass treble filter, which is way over my head. Can someone please explain?

Thanks

Arpeggi

2. Skelf

Skelf

Apr 15, 2005
    Moffat D&G Scotland
    Builder AC Guitars.
    The ACG pre-amp has a low pass filter on the bass filter and a high pass filter on the treble filter.
    Basically both filters work by letting certain frequencies through and restricting other depending on where the knob is set.
    The low pass filter closes down the higher frequencies but leaves the bass end of the signal unaffected which is good on a bass. As the filter is opened up you let more higher frequencies through. So with the filter fully closed you get a really large dub type bass sound and as you open it more of the rest of the signal gets through and the sound gets brighter but still has all the bass at the same time. On the ACG the lower knob on the bass stack controls the position of the filter cut off. The upper ring controls the gain of the overshoot peak.
    The high pass works the other way round it restricts the lower frequencies while letting the upper frequencies through. again what gets through is dependant on the were the knob is positioned. The filter cut off is set with the lower ring on the filter stack with the upper being gain.
    Alan

3. ArpeggiFish

ArpeggiFish

Feb 24, 2008
    Thanks a ton. I understand it now! Although it's kind of expensive, I'm looking into it. Is it a standard in all your basses?

4. Skelf

Skelf

Apr 15, 2005
    Moffat D&G Scotland
    Builder AC Guitars.
    There are two versions.
    The EQ01 is only available in my basses.
    The EQ02 is available in my basses but also as a stand alone pre-amp in various formats.
    Alan

5. And the EQ01 is the one with an individual filter stack for each pickup correct?

And there's no way to order one separately?

I see.

6. Skelf

Skelf

Apr 15, 2005
    Moffat D&G Scotland
    Builder AC Guitars.
    Hi
    Not anymore I am afraid once the new model was available I stopped selling it for various reasons.
    Alan