1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

lowriders

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Ryanrocksursock, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Ryanrocksursock

Ryanrocksursock

Jan 17, 2008
    so on my mia p it comes stock with super bass strings with a 110 taper E string...i was thinking about switching to a medium set of dr lowriders would there be a big swing in tension?

2. Yes, but it won't affect your playing. (Ideally.) Personally, I think Hi-Beams sound better on a P Bass.

3. StealingYerMail

StealingYerMail

Nov 6, 2007
    I'd say go with Hi-Beams. Both strings are rather "low tension," but the Hi-Beams have even less tension than the Lo-Riders.

However, in my opinion, I'd advise you to go with Hi-Beams as well. However, I find them a bit too bright for my Warwick, but I didn't much care for Lo-Riders. Both are awesome strings that never die though.

4. The Dave

The Dave

Jun 23, 2006
    Canyon, Texas
    I tried some Nickel Lo Riders a while back (switched from Fender Nickel Rounds) and I hated those things. They were lower tension than the Fenders at the same gauges and sounded mellower. I just ditched those and put on a set of Rotosound Nickel Rounds - they seem alright so far.

5. bassaficionado6

bassaficionado6 Something about gumption

Jan 7, 2008
    Napa, CA
    I just ordered a set of nickel mediums a while back. Unfortunately they're on backorder and I won't be getting them for a while.:bawl:

I've heard good things though.