Luthier in Tampa, FL area.

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Punkjazz62, Feb 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Punkjazz62

Punkjazz62

Sep 13, 2016
    Hello,

Does anyone have any suggestions for a capable luthier in the Tampa/Clearwater area of Florida. I am looking to get some work(nut replaced, setup and pickup,preamp replaced) done on my basses. I might also get a bass refinished and would appreciate any suggestions for that as well, it does not necessarily have to be the same luthier. Thanks

2. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    I think it was Bruce's father Joe who had all those Swanson basses for the Pittsburgh Symphony. (swanson bass info)

Louis

KUNGfuSHERIFF likes this.
  3. BobKay

BobKay Supporting Member

Nov 5, 2012
    Estero, Florida; USA
    I have an appointment with Alan (don't have last name at hand) from Atlantic Strings in Orlando. Did some research and he had several good recommendations. My appointment, set for March 8, is just for some set up tweaking. Nothing major. I was pretty blunt when I set up the appointment and asked about his experience working on basses; "probably a thousand or so" was his answer. I'll know more in March. Very nice person BTW, at least on the phone. I think he is the owner. They also have a store in Melbourne.

4. BobKay

BobKay Supporting Member

Nov 5, 2012
    Estero, Florida; USA
    Guess I should have asked, you want a double bass luthier, right?

5. Punkjazz62

Punkjazz62

Sep 13, 2016
    No, electric. Thank you for the response though.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 1, 2021