1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Mackie Repair Help

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by dcr, Apr 10, 2009.

1. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Greetings!

It looks like my Mackie 1604-VLZ3 is sick and needs to go tot he shop. Only thing is, from looking at the Mackie website, it appears they'd prefer that you used an Authorized Service Center rather than send it back tot he factory. There is a quasi-local repair center, but none of the guys I know have enve heard of it, so I think I'll go another route.

Anyone out there used a particular Mackie Authorized Service Center with great results that they would recommend?

Thanks in advance for any info!

dcr

2. modulusman

modulusman Banned

Jan 18, 2004
    montana
    Can you call a local music store and ask who they would recommend.

3. Vinny D

Vinny D

Jan 9, 2007
    Warwick, RI
    With all the issues LOUD has at the moment coupled with all the issues Mackie has had of late actually producing and shipping product I would highly suggest finding anyone local to you to service your mixer, if you send it to Mackie you might not ever see it again :rollno:

4. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Only local music store is GC.....NOT gonna ask them for any technical advice.

dcr

5. (used to own a USA CFX-16 and now own a USA 1402)

Back in the day, when all Mackie products were designed and built in the USA (Woodinville, WA) I'd say send it there and they'll fix it.

Now that their stuff is made in China and owned by Loud technologies, I don't know what to tell you.

Most of the local working musicians were pretty disappointed when Mackie sold out.

6. http://www.jksound.com/servicerepair.htm

JK Sound in Frisco, fixed my M1400i. Good guys, no problems, but not close to you.

I had tried to have my amp repaired at Leo's Pro Audio, in Oakland, but their shop rate was higher than Mackie would pay for warranty work.