Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Maddox...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by BassGod, Feb 24, 2005.

1. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Anyone here a fan of his site?

I think a lot of what he says is really funny, and often he's right. It's a pretty popular website too. I respect that he doesn't allow banners and other adds on his site. More room for the hilarity. :)

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.com/

WARNING: Some may find this site offensive. Only visit if you have a really good sense of humour.

Graeme

2. SomeGuy

SomeGuy

Aug 20, 2004
    The Last Frontier
    I love his writing, totally hilarious. The "Tribute to Real Men" and the Children's artwork are some of my favorites. The whale article is really good too. Cant wait for the book and comic :D

3. Been a fan for a few years now.

Can't friggin wait til his book and comic book are published.

4. UnsungZeros

UnsungZeros The only winning move is not to play.

I can't get enough of him. I'll buy the book and comic as soon as they come out.

5. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    I like the piece on 'Sideways'.

"If you liked Merlot before seeing the movie, then why do you let a movie change your mind??? And why the **** are you drinking merlot int he first place?"

Now with more irrational rage.

6. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    And kudos for going after U2. They piss me off sooooo much!

Haha, so true.

7. Naterade

Naterade

Apr 29, 2004
    Franklin, MA
    Maddox is the most politically incorrect person alive, which is why he is so damn funny.

8. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    My guess he is some talking head for a TV or radio station who has to be nice all the time, and that is how he vents.

9. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Doesn't he have anything better to do than write this useless sensationalist website thats almost as polarized as the views he expresses?

10. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    No. :)

11. Maddox is fun in small doses.

I remember a page that was hosting one of those videos of someone doing something stupid. There was a forum of people that were a bunch of wannabe Maddoxes. Between the forum owner begging for money for bandwidth and the pathetic loser forum members spewing toothless (but clever :smug: ) insults at the stupid person in the video and anyone that would post that THEY were the idiots.

Yeah, it's nice to rant, it's funny to make fun of people, it's cool to be cooler than everyone else- it's also indicative of a very unhappy person.

12. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Correction:

Doesn't he have anything better to do than write this useless sensationalist website thats almost as polarized as the attitudes he denounces?

13. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    He does work a full time job, and who cares anyway? It's his right to say what he wants, just as it is yours to denounce him. I suggest you write him a hate mail, so I can read it!

Ray

14. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I dont hate him, and i wouldnt waste my time sending him hate mail. I just think that theres a certain duality to the site - hes raging against people who rage... If i were a neo-psycologist i'd call it "fashionable anger" since i'm not ill call it "******ish behaviour" ;)

15. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    How much time did you spend on his site? 30 seconds? He doesn't rage against people who rage really. Go through an read his stuff, check out the pics, THEN come post. :D

Ray

16. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Maddox isn't nearly angry enough.

17. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
  18. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Phil Hendrie > Maddox.

19. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Ive read most of the articles on the site at some point or another. I dont see how that is relevant really. He is a rebel without a cause.

20. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    My dad, my mom, and 4 out of 5 teachers called me a rebel without a cause one day.

No, they didn't talk to eachother.

I felt pretty punk.