Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Major Crack on my EUB, worth repairing? help!!

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by Charling, Nov 12, 2005.

1. Hi! My EUB just took a fall, fell back first onto a step so the headstock took the whole weight of the bass. Theres a crack running from about the Bb area on the G string, round the back to the middle of the neck about 6 inches down.

It's a bit of a cheapo bass, i paid £600 for it but i certainly can't afford a new one right now! The finish is very low quality and chips easily, so i was wondering if it could be just a very small crack in the wood itself and the finish has split around it..

Is there any chance of getting this fixed? I have'nt much experience in double bass repair so i'm not sure how serious it could be.

I'd be relieved to hear that it will probably be usable for 6 months or so, when i should be able to buy a new one, but i'm prepared for the worst...

thanks in advance.

owen

2. Francois Blais

Francois Blais Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Québec, Canada
  3. cheers for the reply, i'll post one tomorrow.

owen