1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Manring in Seattle

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by hyperba55, Apr 22, 2009.

1. I just found out Michael Manring will be playing in Seattle on May 31st. I just got tix for the wife and I - only $10!!!

He's at The Mix in Georgetown.

I haven't seen Michael play (in person) for since 1999 ... it was the LA Bass Exchange Anniversary concert. I haven't seen him in Seattle for awhile.

I am looking forward to it! He is more amazing live than on Youtube/DVD. Just an incredible experience!

2. You are so lucky,he is truly a treat to see/hear live!
    The last time he was here in Georgia I was his human bass stand for my three moons!Give us a post-show review.

3. erix

erix

Sep 24, 2005
    Washington DC
    I recently saw him in Vienna VA.
    It was just awesome.

4. antdedyet

antdedyet

Nov 28, 2006
    Gadsden, AL
    Saw some of Michael's show in Oregon ... would be nice to see him play the southern hemisphere (around Alabama) now that I live around these parts again. ;)

5. deckard

deckard

Apr 4, 2003
    Seattle
    I'll definitely be there!!! Amazingly inexpensive...

Saw Michael here nearly 3 years ago just as I was getting back to playing after a self-imposed 6+ year layoff - didn't really know that much about him... and of course was utterly astonished & astounded.

:)

Wish he was doing a bass clinic in the afternoon like last time...

6. OH! I'm definitely going to be there! Thanks for the post :hyper:

7. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Thanks so much, guys! See you there...

8. deckard

deckard

Apr 4, 2003
    Seattle
    Michael,

Thanks for coming back to Seattle finally - really enjoyed the show Sunday night!!

Brought 2 guests with me and they really enjoyed it as well.

It was great to see you playing live with other musicians, as well as doing the solo thing...

I confess I did miss hearing my favorite piece of yours:"Greetings, Earthlings!".

;)

Again, thanks so very much, and please come back to Seattle more frequently!

Klaatu Barada Nikto!

cheers,

Scott

9. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Thanks, Scott! It was nice to get back there. Y'know, I thought about playing "Greetings, Earthlings!" Would you be so kind as to remind me to play it next time?

10. deckard

deckard

Apr 4, 2003
    Seattle
    Sure, Michael, and will do... if you don't mind me "hollering" that out from the audience.

;)