1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Marco Schoots of Windmill Guitars

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nononebulan, Oct 19, 2010.

1. nononebulan

nononebulan

May 19, 2010
    I ordered a bass from Marco Schoots from Windmill Guitars. He organizes European bassday. http://www.european-bassday.com He still owe me money and has not returned my emails or call for long time.(a year and half) No bass nor refund. Here's the link to the other victims.
    Windmill Bass und Marco Schoots schulden mir Geld!
    http://f3.webmart.de/f.cfm?id=607257...6&r=threadview
    Looks like there's many other people out there scammed by Marco Schoots of Windmill Guitars. I have a receipt.... any suggestions anyone?

2. Southpaw5

Southpaw5

Jul 18, 2009
    Boston
    Talk to a lawyer

3. Hi.

The consumer disputes board could be one of the best options, at least that's my experience about small business vs. individual.

Unless Your lawyer is dirt cheap (for some reason or another ;)) I wouldn't try make the financial damage any worse. Free legal counceling is a possibility on some European countries, so that's worth a try as well.

Regards
    Sam

4. nononebulan

nononebulan

May 19, 2010
    Thanks! I'll get on it right away.

I just can't believe a person who organize European bassday can screw over fellow bassists.....

I spend so much time saving up for my dream bass, now it's gone.....

5. denszi

denszi

May 17, 2009
    Hi nononebulan,

***?%!!.....i can't believe it.....how is this man still alive in this business?
    The same thing happened with me but i lost "only" 300.- euro... I ordered a set of pickups and a passive electronic. Man, that was 3 or 4 years ago. I tried many many ways to win back my money for YEARS but these guys are really bustards!
    Sorry, i'm not an angry person but when i have seen this thread i was clench my fists....
    I wish you a big big luck!!!!
    People, this is a big message!! Forget WINDMILL and Marco Schoots, looks like they are doin another kind of business....DO NOT RISK

6. nononebulan

nononebulan

May 19, 2010
    Hey, denszi

I agree! People need to be aware of the nature of this man and his company. He is still running BassDay Europe.... can you believe it?

We should gather as many people as possible who has same experience with Marco Schoots here. Maybe there's some bass playing lawyers who can help us here at Talkbass....

7. denszi

denszi

May 17, 2009
    hi,
    I don't wanna be pessimist but i can't see any chance to reclaim my money. Maybe if a community tries against him but i haven't seen a lawyer who wants to fight for my 300 euro...
    Believe me Marco Schoots knows this thats why he can does these things without any issues. The whole thing is confused around his business. The windmill guitar's site was a dutch site (it is offline now...), but the contact address was a spanish address, but he was in italy that time and when i ordered the parts i needed to send the amount to a german bank:
    Owner: Marco Schoots
    Bank address: Sparkasse Krefeld
    Ostwall 155
    47798 Krefeld
    Germany
    IBAN: DE44 3205 0000 0001 5320 50 ยท BIC: SPKRDE33

, because they didn't have any online shop. So it's not a simple issue between costumers and windmill(Marco Schoots) wherever it's based.. I know nothing about the EU laws but looks like the legal procedure should be painful.

The whole issue was a big lesson for me. Before this I ordered many things through internet and never had a problem with it. I've also bought basses from ebay.
    I still have all of our mail conversation what I've get from Marco. It will be very interesting to read for everybody. Maybe i will do a short edition, because yes, tonnes of emails, i've spent lot of time with this whole "s h i t".
    I also tried to contact with the European Consumer Center and with the European Judicial Commission In Civil Matters organizations, but they did not respond...thanks EU......
    So is there any more platform?

You see the basscommunity doesn't have any reaction, that's why he is still running BassDay Europe and another things like this: http://www.webmart.de/wmshop.cfm?ID=60614 or the shootsrecords, the european bassmagazine and more...
    here is his facebook profile: www.facebook.com/marco.schoots
    I don't know how many sad and deluded people out there, but i guess not only two of us.......

SUMMARY: what i said earlier, for those who thinking about his stuff, DO NOT RISK!!!!!

8. nononebulan

nononebulan

May 19, 2010
    I have all the receipt and email conversation saved as well.... I wanted to let people about this guy so nobody else gets hurt....

9. MALA

MALA

Nov 26, 2010
    Sweden
    As a distributor in Sweden I lost 7-10.000 Euro. I prepaid all basses but they were not delivered because he didn't pay the companies that made the basses. I then had to pay the producers ones more in order to receive the basses that my customers had ordered.

Learned a lot from that...

Nowadays I build my own basses and I do not screw people

10. nononebulan

nononebulan

May 19, 2010
    Oh my god.....

11. nononebulan

nononebulan

May 19, 2010
    How can he keep doing this kind of BS and be able to run stuff like Bass Day Europe? He needs to be stopped and pay for what he has done!!:spit:

12. MALA

MALA

Nov 26, 2010
    Sweden
    As with most people like him it is never their fault, just everybody else who are doing wrong.

13. Triad

Triad Commercial User

Jul 4, 2006
    Europe
    Luthier - Prometeus Guitars
    He has 777 friends on Facebook. Maybe you guys should spend some time to let them know what their friend does?

14. pooli

pooli

Feb 11, 2010
    Finland
    That sucker owes me 1500€.
    Ordered a Windmill bass but never got it. This was year and a half ago.
    I contacted the Consumer rights person here in Finland and they contacted some EU consumer rights people. They cant do anything and they recommended I get a lawyer and I should and sue this a s s hole.

15. BassBoss

BassBoss

Jul 14, 2008
    ;)

16. nononebulan

nononebulan

May 19, 2010