1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mark Egan - Unit 1

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by eastcoasteddie, Oct 25, 2018.

1. eastcoasteddie

eastcoasteddie

Mar 24, 2006
    NoVA
    i searched but did not find this posted earlier.
    In my opinion, an amazing piece. I can’t help but feel this huge sonic restraint throughout the recording...but none that makes you feel like you got jipped at the end.

That Pedulla kills, BTW...in case you didn’t know already...

kesslari likes this.
  2. And they do a killer job on "Low Rider".

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    kesslari likes this.
  3. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Gold Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    QFT

Fo' sho'. I especially love how those low notes on the B string still have the same spectral qualities as notes farther up the neck. Impressively consistent tone and articulation for a wood instrument.

4. eastcoasteddie

eastcoasteddie

Mar 24, 2006
    NoVA
    ???

5. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Gold Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Sorry, it's internet shorthand for "Quoted For Truth". It means the part of your post that I cited was so important that it bears repetition.

eastcoasteddie likes this.
  6. eastcoasteddie

eastcoasteddie

Mar 24, 2006
    NoVA
    Oh...
    Lol

7. Thought I'd revisit this to mention that "Tomorrow Never Knows" is released on a CD with Latham, Egan and Vic Juris on guitar. Called Living Standards. Every bit as restrained and polished as the YT.

Also includes the kicker on "Low Rider" and an equally restrained acoustic take on "White Rabbit"!

(I'm not associated with the artists, just a sucker for the sound of a Pedulla.)