Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mark Hoppus playing a Stingray....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by kaboom133, Nov 2, 2003.

1. kaboom133

kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    I just saw the funniest thing. I was watching the simpsons, and it was the new haloween special. They had Blink 182 playin on it, and Mark was playing a stingray. They even went into detail with it. When it showed the head, the tuners were 3/1, like the stingray. Also, Tom was playing a Les Paul. Just thought this was kind of interesting.

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Actually, that wasn't the Halloween special. That was the one after it where Bart gets emancipated and lives downstairs from Tony Hawk. But yeah, I noticed that too :)

3. kaboom133

kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    Oops, my bad on the episode. The Simpsons seem to have Bands on the show quite often, that's something i like about it. (Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, and Phish to name a few)

4. The Mr. Burns' birthday (Bobo) episode was funny, when they had the ramones do "happy birthday". heheh

*crowd are horrified*
    Marky: "Hey! I think they liked us! :D"

5. Yeah, and let's not forget Nsync!
    :bag:

6. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    thats becuase before they got sponsered by fender mark was ALWAYS playing a stingray and tom played a les paul alot. All of marks old stingrays were wierd colors like his fenders, baby blue, pink and such. Id love to have a baby blue stingray with matching headstock....droool.

7. Casey C.

Casey C.

Sep 16, 2000
    Butler, PA, USA
    I'm sorry but that nsync one was pretty funny.

:bag:

8. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Burns:

Have the Rolling Stones Killed.

Smithers:

But, Mr. Burns...

Burns:

Do it!

:D