Markbass CMD 151P combo: A few questions please

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Davyo, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Davyo

Davyo Davyo Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Las Vegas, Nv
    Hi all

I just purchased the Markbass CMD 151P Berlin combo and will be using for the first time this week for rehearsal with my band,,, looking forward to that.
    First gig with the new Markbass is in two weeks.

Anyhow, for a classic rock band, average volume, w/PA support how does this combo do in a small/med sized bar ?

Also, I will be adding a second Markbass cab, am I better off going with the Traveler 102P or the Traveler 151P.

Thanks much in advance
    Davyo

2. I have the cmd121p, which is basically the same as your amp with a 12" speaker and a tweeter. I've found it to be perfectly adequate for rock/blues situations somewhere between 1/2 and 3/4 of the way on both master and gain knobs without an extension cab.

As far as the cab goes I'd go for the 210 since you've got a big speaker for your low end. The smaller speakers can also help add some highs into your sound that you might be missing without the tweeter

best of luck.

3. jschwalls

jschwalls

Sep 4, 2007
    Savannah GA
    I have the Jeff Berlin combo.. I use it with my cover band... The PA adds some extra bass for the effect but the combo basically drives the sound by itself.. I love it !!

4. Davyo

Davyo Davyo Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Las Vegas, Nv
    Cool, glad to hear this combo might do it with-out the need for an extension cab.
    And yes, I was thinkin 10's might be the way to go as well.

Thanks, that was kind of the answer/comment I was hoping for.
    I know in the store the Markbass Berlin combo I bought was impressive enough to make me buy it right there on the spot.

To do the deal I returned my Ampeg BA115HP I had purchased (I was inside the 30 day return policy) and I also sold back my Acoustic 600 watt head and 1x15 cab to GC to help pay for the new Markbass (ended up getting a killer deal).

Anyhow, when I was checking out the Markbass I actually got excited buy the size, the sound and the volume it put out,,,,, and then when I lifted it off the ground and felt how light is was,,, that sealed the deal !!!!

Cheers
    Davyo

5. yamaha

yamaha

Apr 7, 2006
    Montreal
    I recently purchased a used Mesa powerhouse 1000 (4x10 + 1x15) cab from a gigging hard rock bass player who changed his setup to a CMD151 and 15 inch extension. He used to power his kit with a Mesa 400+. He says he's quite happy with his new kit, and absolutely no struggle on the B string. I'd say your very OK. Keep us posted about your rehearsal and gig.