1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Markbass combos - head removable?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by markorbit, Nov 5, 2006.

1. markorbit

markorbit

Apr 16, 2004
    I'm seriously thinking of going Markbass. Can't decide whether to consider a combo... one question... are the heads removable like the Mesa Walkabout? Can you just take the head seperate to the rest?

2. Peter Murray

Peter Murray Commercial User

Dec 13, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Currently doing marketing and artist relations work for Xvive, and product videos for Markbass
    No, the head is not removable from the combos.

If you have any other questions, please let me know!

Best,
    Peter

3. Ale

Ale

Jul 5, 2006
    Europe
    Endorsing Artist: IGiG Cases
    I suggest you by the head and cab seperatly ,
    So you can change cabs etc in the future ,
    And since the little mark head is so small , its still very portable.

4. markorbit

markorbit

Apr 16, 2004
    Thanks for the swift response Peter. Yes I think I will look to a seperates system.

I do have one other... is the low control 40hz or 60hz in the combos/LMK2 heads? The site says 60hz, the PDFs say 40hz.

The SA450 is looking pretty tempting.

5. Peter Murray

Dec 13, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Currently doing marketing and artist relations work for Xvive, and product videos for Markbass
    Nice catch! Thanks for pointing out that discrepancy.
    I'll double check with our engineers, but I think the PDF manual is correct. I will let you know when I have confirmation!

Thanks again,
    Peter

6. Peter Murray

Dec 13, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Hey Mark,

I just confirmed. It's 40 Hz. I have fixed this spec on the website.

Thanks again for bringing this to my attention!

Best,
    Peter

7. dumbdrum

dumbdrum

Sep 19, 2006
    NorCal
    The head is removable, it just doesn't have a cover to the top. The cover is just a rectangular sheet of metal. One could get a peice of sheetmetal cut to size and powdercoated pretty cheap.

8. bebass

bebass Sho Me Music Commercial User

Sep 3, 2006
    Bolivar, Missouri
    Authorized dealer for Bergantino, Dingwall, Genzler, Phil Jones Bass, Cort, Traynor
    As dumbdrum says, of course it is removable. But I would cancel all bets on warranty work if you did.
    I had thought of getting the 112 combo and removing the amp so as to get a 112 cab for 200 smackers. I decided instead to get a LMII amp.

9. dumbdrum

dumbdrum

Sep 19, 2006
    NorCal
    The head is removable, it just doesn't have a cover to the top. The cover is just a rectangular sheet of metal. One could get a peice of sheetmetal cut to size and powdercoated pretty cheap.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 16, 2021