SOLD Markbass head SD 1200 - made in Italy

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by gonzkal, May 31, 2020.

1. gonzkal

gonzkal Supporting Member

Jul 18, 2015
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Price:
    Up for sale is a made in Italy Markbass SD 1200 head in excellent condition. Only a few barely noticeable scratches, I kept it in a sturdy flightcase since I bought it new around 2010. Only selling it because I'll be moving later this year and I don't play gigs in large venues anymore. I just cannot justify keeping it without using it.

See the page on the Markbass website for details and specs. The SD series is now discontinued, but it was definitely among Markbass's most popular amps. Notably, the SD 1200 can deliver 1200 W at 4 ohms, and it weighs less than 10 lbs! It's not just super powerful, it delivers a super clean sound even at high volumes, and it features a versatile EQ section including the Markbass staple VLE/VPF filters. Rack ears are included.

The price does not include shipping. PM me with your location and I'll come back to you as soon as possible with a quote from USPS. Paypal preferred.

Not looking for trades.

Feel free to ask anything question and/or PM me. Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

2. bassfreakah

bassfreakah

Mar 26, 2011
    Endorsing Artist Ernie ball strings
    What a KILLER amp
    For a GREAT price!!!!!!
    I need this like a fish needs a skate board!!!
    Good luck !!

gonzkal and groooooove like this.
  3. groooooove

groooooove Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Long Island, NY

my thoughts exactly..

my #1 amp is the 800 version of this amp, also from the italy factory. my 800 has done big venues, outdoor festivals, road abuse, countless gigs, literally hundreds.

this is a huge score for anyone in the market..

gonzkal likes this.
  4. gonzkal

Jul 18, 2015
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Thank you! Are you sure you don't need it?...
    big.brother.14.jpg

eff-clef and woodyng2 like this.
  5. eff-clef

eff-clef Supporting Member

May 6, 2007
    Baltimore,Md.
    I've got 10 amps. All of great quality. My SD1200 gets almost all the gigs. That amp is voiced like the venerable F1/F500. It's the most powerful amp that I have ever played. It goes toe to toe with my Carvin B1500(high quality lead sled). This is a great and fair price for this smokin' amp. If I didn't have to thin the herd, I would snatch it up. Good luck with your sale!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
    gonzkal likes this.
  6. gonzkal

Jul 18, 2015
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Thank you! I agree, it is really powerful. I don't remember the last time I needed to push the master volume beyond 11 o'clock (with two 8 ohm cabs) and I played some big outdoor stages with a reggae band.

7. twinfallsbass

twinfallsbass Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2005
    Somewhere in AZ
    How is this still here?!?! 1200W for $500?!!!!

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 1, 2021