Markbass Standard 102 Vs the new Marcus Miller 102 cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by da old guy, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Can anyone please comment on the Markbass Standard 102HF cab Vs the Marcus Miller 102 cabs
    THANK YOU!

2. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Standard is front ported. MM is rear ported. More specs below.

Marcus Miller version specs:
    SPEAKER SIZE: 2x10”
    TWEETER: 1” VOICE COIL
    CAB Power Handling (AES Standard): 400W - RMS
    CROSSOVER FREQUENCY: 3.5 kHz
    FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 40Hz to 20kHz
    SENSITIVITY: 101 dB SPL
    IMPEDANCE: 8Ω
    REFLEX/CAB DESIGN: REAR/WEDGE
    DIMENSIONS: 23.38”/59,4cm | 18.93”/48,1cm | 20.39”/51,8cm
    WEIGHT: 40.34lbs/18,3kg

Standard 102HF Specs:
    IMPEDANCE 8 or 4 ohms
    SPEAKER SIZE 2x10 in.
    BASS PORTS front
    TWEETER 1" compression driver with custom horn
    POWER HANDLING 400W RMS (AES Standard)
    CROSSOVER FREQUENCY 3.5 kHz
    FREQUENCY RESPONSE 40 Hz to 20 kHz
    SENSITIVITY 101 dB SPL
    WEIGHT 38.58 lbs / 17.5 Kg
    WIDTH 23.23 in. / 59 cm
    HEIGHT 18.7 in. / 47.5 cm
    DEPTH 18.98 in. / 48 cm

3. Tricaptain

Tricaptain

Sep 21, 2011
    Right Hear (...it's a pun. Use your ears!). ;D
    I'm just a user/customer that plays gigs. I am not professionally affiliated with any vendor, etc.
    FINALLY, a post from me that's NOT 'necro'!

:p

If I may... for whatever it's worth at all, I've been on a posting binge raving about the Markbass Ninja 102-500. YES, there are a zillion amps out there, tons of competition, all are awesome for many different applications, but I've gotta tell ya... the MB Ninja 102 500 combo is seriously AWESOME. I've been posting how it's made my gigs ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE easier than they ever were... great tone, not too boomy (so, it doesn't fight other things on stage... experiment with the EQ!), and it's a 1-hand carry... biggest bonus (for me) is that it's a vertical 2x10 stack. It's light, POWERFUL and has handled gigs very easily! If it's any reference at all, it's almost identical to a Little Mark III couple with a 102p. I just happen to have another Traveler 102p that I vertically stack... I never need that much volume, but the headroom is always awesome to have. Additionally, a little less stress on the speakers, and it's even 'closer' to my ears as a stack. Just like the LMIII, it makes the head go 500 watts at 4 ohms. On its own, it's 300 watts at 8 ohms (and on its own, it's definitely still awesome for a moderately sized club venue for a cover band situation (rock, pop, hip-hop, soul...). I speak as an owner of various amp configurations from other manufacturers as well... lots of great gear out there, but man, this combo really hits home runs with me (OH, and this one's rear ported). Cheers, you guys!

4. I am most interested in hearing from people that have actually played or at least heard both of these cabs and have real-world experience with both cabs in order to aid in making a decision on which one to buy.
    Thank you!

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 20, 2021