1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Massanet Meditation?

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by JayR, Mar 17, 2008.

1. JayR

JayR

Nov 9, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    I wanted to add Massanet's Meditation from Thais onto my senior recital coming up later this year, and after asking around for a good bass edition, I ordered Lucas Drew's book of double bass solos which included the piece. However, the website I purchased it from recently sent me an e-mail informing me, in capital letters, that it was PERMANENTLY OUT OF PRODUCTION.

I'm in kind of a pickle... I love the piece and I'd really like to perform it to open the second half of my recital, but I am not aware of any other solo-tuned double bass editions of the piece. Does anyone know of other editions, and if not, are there any kind spirits who would be interested in, say, scanning me some PDFs of the music, if they have the edition?

2. sibass89

sibass89

Jan 29, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    It is originally for violin and not a very long piece...do what most bass players do and arrange your own transcription of it.

3. bassbass

bassbass

Dec 29, 2006
    London
    You can order it from 'Recital music' in the UK..Not sure if they have website but if you google you'll def be able to find some contact details for it...

4. Beto

Beto

Aug 1, 2005
    Costa Rica
    Lucas Drew has edited the Massenet's Meditation from Thais, I don't know if it's still in print.