1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Masterbuilt Warwick Star Bass II 5 String

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jon5252, Nov 6, 2018.

1. jon5252

jon5252 Gold Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2009
    Boise Idaho
    Price:
    Strings:
    Drop dead gorgeous Warwick Star Bass II 5 in emerald to black burst. This bass is as close to perfect condition as an instrument can be.

I can talk about the facts - passive MEC pick ups are dead silent for recording and provide a wide variety of useful tones. Wenge fingerboard, brass adjustable nut, separate tone and volume controls for each pick up. Bass is strung with DR Pure Blue strings and plays and sounds fantastic.

Price includes UPS ground shipping in the CONUS. Trades- super clean Pedulla Pentabuzz with 19mm spacing and Thunderguts circuit or Yamaha TRB5PII are two on my radar, but willing to hear your ideas. I like 5 string neck thru basses with 35" scales. Thanks for looking and hit me up with any questions. Includes pictured flight case.

Attached Files:

DrZ, Stewart13, TheBear and 8 others like this.
  2. tommyr01

tommyr01 Simma Down Nah ! Gold Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2004
    Tucson, AZ, USA
    OH MY !!!!!!!!!!!!! *drool* !!!!!!!

3. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    Holy crap, that's beautiful! A Star Bass is one of a select few things that elevate my GAS level these days. And, unfortunately, if I do ended up giving in, I'm going to have to settle for a Rockbass.

That bass is simply droolworthy! drool

Jimmy Hubbard likes this.
  4. Kevan Campbell

Kevan Campbell Bergantino Artist, Vibe9 IEM Artist Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Austin, TX
    PM'd.

5. jon5252

Nov 22, 2009
    Boise Idaho
    extend the trade ideas- Lull MV5 fretted or lined fretless, 35" scale is still big!

6. Greg_S

Greg_S Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Colorado
    Sent you a PM!

7. Beautiful bass. What is the scale length and the weight?

8. jon5252

Nov 22, 2009
    Boise Idaho
    34" scale- I would say weight 9-9.5 lbs. The case weighs 45 lbs.

9. jon5252

Nov 22, 2009
    Boise Idaho
    Happy Monday! I have lowered the price a bit to make things interesting. Have had some interesting trade offers, but would still really like to find a really nice Pentabuzz with 19mm spacing.

10. schott1984

schott1984 Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2017
    Chattanooga, TN
    Still up on Reverb.