1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Me... here with you all... scary ain't it!

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Fred Henderson, Mar 20, 2006.

1. Fred Henderson

Fred Henderson

Mar 20, 2006
    Greetings to you all. First, let me be really clear on my abilities to play 'music'... I have none. I can't even carry a tune in a sealed five gallon bucket.

I am searching on methods to make myself small amounts of 'stabilized wood' for the pleasure of turning pens and other small wood items like pepper mills, etc..

Second... I am very limited in my abilities to even try and hum a tune... people always tell me to not give up my daytime job. I already did that as I got tired of paying taxes and such so the dear ole govt. can feed all the world while ignoring it's own citizens... woops, best stop right there!

I plan on reading and looking at all the pics here for my own enjoyment and such.

Thanks for allowing me to be here amongst you good folks.

Fred:help:

2. Scary indeed STRAAAAAANGER.If you make a buckeye burl pepper mill I want it!!

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Welcome Fred! Larry of Galleryhardwoods.com has a sponsored forum here.... he acrylizes wood for all sorts of things. I have a few killer pens from him (snakewood, cocobola, dyed maple burl, etc).

Might be worth it to talk shop with him.