1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD MEC pickup and preamp from a 4 string 1996 German Warwick Fortress Masterman

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by audioboy6, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Price:
    $160
    Selling my MEC pick-up and electronics from my 4 string 1996 German Warwick Fortress Masterman.

$160 pay-paled and shipped in the USA. I would like to sell it all together but will consider breaking it up.

This is an active twin jazz pick-up in one housing.
    This one:

http://www.mec-pickups.de/?&c=35352...444282001389959557A15|D0444455001389959557A15

The preamp consists of three dual concentric pots. A treble/bass for each pick-up and a balance/volume. It's pretty much two dual preamps. More information on the wiring can be found here:

en/Warwick---Basses-Made-in-Germany--Fortress--Fortress-Masterman--4---5-string--Manual.html

The pick-up has some string scratches and the gold has worn off the MEC logo. Everything works great just decided to go passive. All wires were de-soldered. Includes the battery holder and the gold knobs. I'm keeping the barrel jack and the pick-up screws.

Thanks for looking
    IMG_3930.JPG
    IMG_3933.JPG
    IMG_3937.JPG
    IMG_3927.JPG

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    Khronic and DevinWard369 like this.
  2. donahue

donahue Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Oregon
    Hi, I have a '95 Masterman, and have to ask out of curiosity, which replacement pickup/setup did you go with? I really like the sound of the MEC, but wondered what I would go with if I ever decided to change it out. The only company that I have found that makes a drop-in is Delano. Thanks

3. I did go with the Delano. Still sounds like the same bass but I do perfer the passive tone. Each coil of the pick-up has a more useful tone to my ear. I also added a pick-up selector switch that gives me the option to run the coils in series. That's a cool new option.

4. donahue

donahue Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Oregon
    Thats a great idea. GLWTS

5. I'm open to offers

Khronic likes this.
  6. Khronic

Khronic Richard J. Naimish Inactive

Oct 24, 2006
    Grand Junction, CO.
    Interested in your pre amp. Bought a fretless Warwick RockBass Streamer with the weakest pickups you've ever heard, I think this might help. $?

7. Hey Khronic, I sent you a message.

Khronic likes this.
  8. Khronic

Khronic Richard J. Naimish Inactive

Oct 24, 2006
    Grand Junction, CO.
    Got it, thanks. Bump. ;>)

9. Still available!

10. darkrising

darkrising

Oct 20, 2007
    Tampa
    Is this still available?

11. Yep!

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 2, 2021