1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Merlefest

Discussion in 'Bluegrass [DB]' started by Jeremy Darrow, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Jeremy Darrow

Jeremy Darrow

Apr 6, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Fishman Transducers, D'Addarrio Strings
    Hi guys,

Just to let you know, The Dixie Bee-Liners will be playing at Merlefest all four days this weekend. If you're there, please come out to see some of our sets, or to say hello at the autograph table.

2. AlanBartram

AlanBartram

Dec 15, 2007
    Nashville,TN
    Hey Jeremy, got your pm, good to see you a couple weeks ago. I'll see you at Merlefest.

3. M Ramsey

M Ramsey

Mar 12, 2005
    North Carolina
    I'll be there Friday, but, since I ain't playing, I ain't toting no bass around the vast grounds known as MerleFest. Hopefully I'll see you two guys and we can chat a bit.

I may be back over there on Saturday. It's still debatable at this point.

4. I'll be there Friday. Will probably bring my bass for some jam sessions. Look forward to seeing everyone.

5. Jeremy,

I had only heard your group on a radio a couple times. Saw you Friday at Merlefest. You folks are great! Congratulations on a great show.

Alan

6. Jeremy Darrow

Jeremy Darrow

Apr 6, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Fishman Transducers, D'Addarrio Strings

Thank you for the kind words, Alan. We had a great time all weekend, it was a great festival. I hope that you had as good a time as I did.

7. M Ramsey

M Ramsey

Mar 12, 2005
    North Carolina
    I offered to carry Andy Moritz's bass for him several times. He was playing his removable neck Eminence.

He never would let me. It could have been due to the fact that he was going to have to carry my American Standard around, if I carried his. :D

It was good to see (and hear) Andy Moritz, Jeremy Darrow and Alan Bartram. I re-supplied Bartram with another "Unidentified Bass Player" sticker. Someone had stolen the one he had on his flight case. Now, what can a person do with a sticker that's already been stuck?

8. MollyKay

MollyKay

Sep 10, 2006
    Southern PA
    Bass Hobby'ist
    We were at Merlefest and had a good time…boy was it hot!!!

We met Alan Bartram and his bass. :) What a gentleman, he greeted me as if we were old friends. We went back stage after his performance and he was the last person on the bus but he still took the time to talk and show us his great 1954 Kay bass. It was a genuine treat to meet Alan and the Del show was awesome as always.

We regret that we did not get to meet Big Mike…I knew you were there somewhere and I watched Aaron from the back stage wings…great show by Mountain Heart.

During the weekend a photographer took a liking to the “Bass Monkey” whiskers and snapped some pictures of him. He then gave us a contact card to his blog. I am going to put the link here as there are some fantastic pictures and you can get a real flavor of the festival from the photos…I hope he doesn’t mind.

http://www.tedlehmann.blogspot.com/

Enjoy