SOLD Mesa 400+ in Mesa Shock Rack - Durham, NC

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by yeoldefortran, Jul 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LOCAL ONLY

I've been on a bit of purge lately, so I'll continue the trend. I'm not gigging in a band and my 800RB is plenty for any jams.

There's not much to say about this other than it's my favorite bass head. I loved my SVT but I love this thing more. The EQ is super versatile, the dirt on channel two is very usable, and the power is nothing short of astounding. This is a really freaking loud amp. It's also heavy, but lighter than an SVT.

This particular one is in really good shape. There are a few nicks that I've captured in the photos, but it's pretty darn clean. I'm not the original owner (it's been mine since 2009), but whoever was took really nice care of it. Since I've had it, it's lived inside shock racks and only done some light gigging. Tubes aren't new, but they show no signs of letting up.

The shock rack is a Mesa Sus-4. It's been pretty well abused, but it's not anywhere near death. I picked it up because I've had horrible luck with SKB-type shock racks and decided to go with a matching case.

Price is $700 (TB only price). For now, this is locals only. Shipping things this big is crappy and a pain in the ass, so I'm putting it at what I think is a sweet price. No trades.

Thanks!

B1V9RHp.jpg
    P1tnMac.jpg
    uFpUnHp.jpg
    xwhV8rj.jpg
    HJMXPud.jpg
    sJueFlZ.jpg
    Eatt081.jpg

2. iualum

iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    What a deal. It's an icon, & for good reason. Actually many of them. Wow :bassist: .

I was going to say GLWTS, but should amend that to "this give-away shouldn't last long," even with keeping it local.

3. Dingo 8 my bass

Dingo 8 my bass

Feb 2, 2012
    You can't go wrong with any part of this deal. I have one of these, but it doesn't look nearly as good as this. Great amp in a great case.

4. Bump.

5. jreynolds2159

jreynolds2159

Oct 10, 2012
    Burlington, NC
    Endorsing Artist: Schroeder Cabinets, GK Endorser.
    Sweet....from Burlington!

6. JBNeedsBeer

JBNeedsBeer Supporting Member

May 13, 2011
    New Brunswick, NJ
    You really won't find the head and the rack for this price anywhere, great deal for whoever gets it!

7. jreynolds2159

jreynolds2159

Oct 10, 2012
    Burlington, NC
    Endorsing Artist: Schroeder Cabinets, GK Endorser.
    How long have the POWER tubes been in the amp?

8. Quite a while. The tubes are the set that was in there when I got it (2009). However it spent 3 years sitting in an air conditioned closet while I ran my last startup and jam time was limited (it's not exactly a bedroom amp).

They are definitely old-ish but are working great. Shock racking helps with that IMO.

9. Sounds like I have a meeting with a buyer for tomorrow, so I'm calling this payment pending for now.

Thanks.

10. And gone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.