1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Mesa Boogie Standard PH 4x10 Impedance

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Alec Corallino, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Alec Corallino

Alec Corallino

Sep 6, 2017
    On the Mesa Boogie website, the above cabinet reads "Cabinet Impedance Available in 4 or 8 Ohm (8 Ohm Standard)."
    Can anyone explain this to me? I would be an SVT2 Pro plugging through it with a speakon cable. I can just run it at 4ohms? All the pictures of the back panel of the Cab read 8ohms...

2. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    The website info is just saying you can special order a 4-ohm version of that cab, they would instal different speakers (than the 8-ohm version) to achieve this.

Most of their customers want 8-ohm cabs, so that's why all the pictures of the back panel show 8-ohm...

Ampeg recommends using (one or two) 4-ohm cabs with the SVT-2 Pro amp. So you should special order the 4-ohm version for use with your amp.

Alec Corallino likes this.
  3. jw23mind

jw23mind

Jan 16, 2017
    Reading MA
    I have a 4 Ohm Traditional Powerhouse in near mint condition for sale ($650) on Boston craigslist for pickup only, if you are in the area. Excellent cab, but I am now going modular for ease of transportation. Still under warranty as well. I had to special order the 4 Ohm and it took around 3 months to get it through Sweetwater, FYI.

Alec Corallino likes this.
  4. Alec Corallino

Alec Corallino

Sep 6, 2017
    Out in Oregon, if only if only... Thanks for the info on ordering it!

5. Alec Corallino

Alec Corallino

Sep 6, 2017
    Thanks for the reply, I thought you might have to special order it

anderbass likes this.