Mesa + Cab = Me with ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by karrot-x, Apr 29, 2004.

1. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Hey, I just got my Mesa M-Pulse 600 and I've been running it through a Ampeg SVT-410HE and SVT-115E stack. I've found that the cabs aren't the right tone and can't handle the low end of my 6 string Ibanez SR886 propperly with the desired eq'ing I use. I also play in a lot of drop tunnings in my metal bands so that has a problem there. I would like to know what you guys would suggest for the cab*s* I should get.

Here is what I'm considering so far:

Mesa Boogie Powerhouse 1000

Mesa Boogie 4x10 Powerhouse
    Mesa Boogie 1x15 Powerhouse

Maybe something from SWR? Eden? Aguilar?

The price range is somewhere below 1300 for the stack, weight doesn't really matter. If it all possible I'd like to keep it in the 6x10 height range but if you feel that something the size of an 8x10 is gonna suite me best please mention it :).

2. If you're anywhere near San Diego, CA, I'm selling my cabinets locally. Mesa 2x15 $650, Mesa 4x10 $600. Both Powerhouse series, in excellent condition. The 2x15 is near new with a brand new 15 in it. (defect from factory).
  3. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    I wish I was, I live in Fairfax VA. I might be able to get a discount shipping price but I don't currently have the money. Getting all the ideas I have until I need to go out and buy :).
  4. Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Since weight and size probably aren't an issue for you, you might want to look into some of Accugroove's larger cabinets. The Whappo Grande would suit you well, although it'd probably be a bit too expensive. The Whappo Jr. on the other hand might be just the ticket. Unfortunately, I don't really know the exact prices... you might want to contact a dealer for that info.