Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mesa cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Flat Bass, Nov 24, 2003.

1. Flat Bass

Flat Bass

Dec 8, 2002
    Does anyone know the dimensions on the powehouse 1-15 with the tweeter? Or the 2-10? Also what about the ratings? I can not find it on their site. Those damn new mesa heads are awesome!

2. amos

amos

Oct 23, 2003
    SE Portland Oregon
    Im considering buying mesa cabs and I was wondering if buying the 4 ohm powerhouse1000 (1x15 with 4x10 surrounding it) would be more economical than buying the powerhosue 8 ohm 4x10 and the 8 ohm 1x15 separately. but I can't find prices or weight specs on the net. any suggestions?

3. Slot

Slot

Oct 17, 2003
    Sydney - The Shire
    Mate ...those 410/115 cabs are deadset fridges, i hope you've got a roadie, or a non-elderly back.

And about the 210-115 setup, wow. I played through an M-pulse 360 a few weeks back and i was pretty impressed. It sounded pretty mudded and ordinary with a passive bass(then again - it was only the stores mex Pbass), but with active pups, that rig really came alive...watt for watt, those heads are a helluva lot louder than what most other manufacturers are offering.

I didnt actually get to pick the cabs up to test the weight, but from memory, they were defintiely fairly compact dimension wise. They may weigh a tone though, dunno:meh:

4. amos

amos

Oct 23, 2003
    SE Portland Oregon
    thanks for the info.
    i'm most likely going with the 1x15 and 4x10 8 ohm separates running from the 400+. should be a killer rig.

5. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I had all the speakers you mention at one time in Road Ready cabs. They are gone mainly because they were insanely heavy; way too much for my late forties back to drag to gigs. They did sound great, however, with both of the 400+'s I used to own.

While I enjoyed the Mesa stuff, it was rather thick sounding when compared to more "modern" rigs and ultimately didn't suit my taste, at least for what I'm doing now. But the weight was certainly a prime issue with me. Obviously, a younger back and different tonal tastes will mitigate those issues.