1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mesa powerhouse 410 vs 2x210

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mrlja Mrljoness, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Mrlja Mrljoness

Mrlja Mrljoness

Feb 27, 2016
    Hi Mesa lovers! Have anyone compare this two options? My actual rig is a BB750 and 2 powerhouse cabs 410. How i need a more portable rig I'm looking for options but don't wanna lose the bb sound and power...the subway and a two powerhouse 210 is the first thing that I'm thinking of... Even a two subway 112 cabs but here im sceptic about loudness... I don't think they can match a 410 powerhouse... Have anyone compare some of this cabs? Tnx 4 answers!

2. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Too much hip thrust
    The PH410 is probably my favorite of the Powerhouse cabinets. I own 2x currently. It is hard to argue with the deep punchy wall-of-sound they have as well as the power handling and general delivery. The only downsize being the ~100lb weight and cube form factor.

I owned the PH210 for a while and am not a believer. It is beastly heavy (weighing around 70lbs) and still quite deep form factor, basically it's to the point it spoils the modular concept. Br00tal weight, but still the ankle-oriented delivery of 210. I thought it sounded fine but definitely does not have the deep lows of the 410. IMO it was probably designed to stack on the 1x15.

I really like the PH112. At ~40lb it's a breeze to grab and go. No idea how the new Subway versions compare to the original PH112's. I found the 112 has the the general tone qualities that I like out of the 410 but slightly tighter. It is the tightest sounding of the PH line. Not constricted just very well controlled.A single PH112 has been more than loud enough for the various average (medium-hitting non-double bass drums) rock bands I've been in in recent years. I am pretty sure two of the PH112 would be just a little louder and/or better sounding than a single PH410.

PH212 is a different animal (just the slightest bit difference midrange) from either the 410 or 112, but also a very good sounding cab.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
    Mrlja Mrljoness likes this.
  3. mikeswals

mikeswals Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    Don't forget, the BB750 only makes that 750w power at 2 ohms. So if your two Powerhouse 410 cabs together are making a 4 ohm load, you're using 550w right now and you have massive volume by your large stack of cabinets, ie: more speakers.
    No way two 112 cabs is going to equal what you're currently making with eight 10" speakers.

Mrlja Mrljoness likes this.
  4. Mrlja Mrljoness

Mrlja Mrljoness

Feb 27, 2016
    I agree:). But the question was if two ph 112 can match one ph 410. Two of 410s blows soxs from your feet. The cabs are 4 ohm so the bb runs on full power. Insane power. Sorry about my bad English :)

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  5. Mrlja Mrljoness

Mrlja Mrljoness

Feb 27, 2016
    Hi chaosMk! If i go for one option of this smaller cabs i always go for a pair... Recently i try a couple of markbass 210 togeder and thy work verry good! Very loud, very deep and very close to one ph 410. Enough 4 any gig...i own one and a big bang as a back up mini rig but i rather go to mesa option if i could get enough volume...

6. Mrlja Mrljoness

Mrlja Mrljoness

Feb 27, 2016
    Anyone with some another suggestion? I'm in a oportunity to buy a pair of powerhouse 112, some sugestion or comparison with a powerhouse 410. Botom end and loudness.