Microphone stands

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Camel_spit, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Hi all,

I've just started to make my way into the confusing world of recording, with a nice little basic set-up. However, I now need a microphone stand, and am unsure as to what I should get. The microphone I own is a Behringer B-2, which comes with a shock mount. Will this 'fit' all stands? I will be using it solely for studio work, and only the basics - micing amps, vocals, piano, maybe some percussion but not a drumkit. It seems the most versatile option is a boom mic - correct? I'd appreciate your thoughts.

2. WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    Yes, I think a boom stand would be your best option if you're only going to own one. The threading on the stands is universal, and the boom fits on a straight stand where you would normally put a clip. You then put the clip on the end of the boom. Don't go cheap if you can afford it, and don't let people adjust it without loosening the clamps and knobs, or the clamps and knobs stop clamping and it flops all over the place.