MIDI sequencer: open sourcecode software.

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Rockin John, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Found this on the WWW. It's called Jazz++ and is from:-

It's (supposed to be) a fully functional MIDI sequencer with loads of add-ons, etc, available.

I've downloaded it and it works fine (doesn't come with an uninstaller, though :( ). I selected the Windows version under the "Stable versions" heading below the yellow heading box. (I run Win98SE).

I've never seen - let alone used - Cubase or Cakewalk so I cannot comment on how good / otherwise it is. However, I can say that it works and that creating / editing MIDI tracks is perfectly possible. I suspect that with some prior knowedge of MIDI (that I don't have) it would be easy to use.

There's a ful set of on-line documents to go with it.

I felt fairly comfortable knowing that it is open sourcecode software, not just simply freeware. I've not had any bother with pop-up ads and the like since using it and my anti-spyware pgm hasn't found any problems since installing Jazz++

If nothing else, I am convinced Jazz++ will help me learn about MIDI and if I have to buy Cubase or whatever at a later time, using Jazz will have been very very useful.

Just to let you guys know.

Best regards.

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  3. rubo

Aug 25, 2003
    if you want a fully loaded midi sequencer then get Numerology, but it's only for Mac.