1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Midwest Doublebass Symposium- Sunday April 9

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by nicklloyd, Apr 8, 2006.

1. nicklloyd

nicklloyd Supporting Member/Luthier

Jan 27, 2002
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Ladies and Gentlemen:

The Midwest Double Bass Symposium will be held April 9, 2006, at Youngstown State University in Youngstown, OH. The faculty of clinicians and performers includes Jeff Turner, principal bass with the Pittsburgh Symphony, Max Dimoff, principal bass of the Cleveland Orchestra, Hal Robinson, principal bass with the Philadelphia Orchestra, the Pittsburgh Symphony's Micah Howard, symposium host and instructor at Youngstown State University, and David Morgan professor of jazz studies and instructor at YSU. World famous jazz bassist and composer/arranger John Clayton will give a clinic and perform with the YSU Big Band. www.ysubass.org.

Also be sure to stop by the "Cincinnati" booth and say high to Bill Lakeberg. He will be displaying his most recent creation, (as well as mine... strung up last week), and a few other basses. :bag:

2. Farin

Farin

Oct 19, 2004
    Akron, Ohio
    Hey! That was a blast! I feel so lucky to have been a part of that! Thanks to everyone who made it happen.
    Here's a pic of me and John with our basses at the clinic.
    [​IMG]