1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mighty Mite question

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by TheDude007, May 17, 2011.

1. TheDude007

TheDude007

May 18, 2010
    Kansas City
    This should be an easy enough question. If anyone has purchased a Mighty Mite Jazz body, can you tell me if the neck pickup route is wide enough for a Precision pickup? I've got a Jazz already, and I've built one Precision out of Mighty Mite parts, which I love. I was thinking about another build, and I'd like to do a PJ, I was just curious if anyone had tried and knew if it would work as is, or if modification would be needed. Thanks!

2. TheDude007

TheDude007

May 18, 2010
    Kansas City
    Anyone got any experience with the Mighty Mite bodies out there?

3. Phendyr_Loon

Phendyr_Loon

Sep 4, 2010
    I've built a few basses using MM parts and from what I remember there was a squared out pocket for the neck pickup, just enough room for a jazz pu.
    Further moddification will be needed to put a P bass pu in there.

4. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Sorry, I can't help. I thought you where going to talk about the Mighty Mite :p

[​IMG]

5. Musiclogic

Musiclogic Commercial User

Aug 6, 2005
    Southwest Michigan
    Owner/Builder: HJC Customs USA, The Cool Lute, C G O
    Yeah, the rectangle neck pickup rout would need to be opened for a P pickup to fit.

6. TheDude007

TheDude007

May 18, 2010
    Kansas City
    Thanks for the help guys!

And seanm, THAT mighty mite rules!